addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Denver Free Spanish Network - Spanish Language Meetup Message Board › Is it realistic for a beginner to join this group?

Is it realistic for a beginner to join this group?

bloo
user 14643879
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
I'm wondering because it seems like this meetup is set up as an informal conversational style... I did take a lot of Spanish in HS years ago but I've since forgotten most/all of it...
A former member
Post #: 6
good questions I want to learn i am beginner also
Roger
Roger.
Denver, CO
Post #: 144
I think it's a good way to go and the best way is to immerse yourself in it. I also took 3 years of Spanish way back in high school and because I haven't had much opportunity to make use of it, have forgotten a lot. At my first and only meetup in this group, I was able to understand most of what was spoken, although I have a hard time trying to form sentences in reply. I don't consider us total beginners as we have studied the language and have a basic vocabulary and understand conjugations. I just wish work and grad school would allow me time to attend more meetups.
A former member
Post #: 1
I'd say yes. When you come to meetups, scope out the group to find someone or some folks that are at or near your level, or someone that more advanced but very patient and considerate, and latch on.