addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Denver Free Spanish Network - Spanish Language Meetup Message Board › I've just joined, not that I need applause, or anything, but...

I've just joined, not that I need applause, or anything, but...

A former member
Post #: 1
I feel totally weird showing up at an already established group's meeting without at least typing a little shout-out.

Also, I'm not quite sure what my skill level is, as I mentioned in my bio, I used to live in Honduras and was fluent, but moved to the states when I was 9. Since then, I've never really spoken to anyone until recently. I can read quite well, and understand the majority of what I hear.

I would really like this group to just jog my memory, there's just no way I could have completely forgotten a language I once spoke fluently.

Is this reasonable?

A former member
Hey! I'm in the same boat where I feel really really wierd showing up at an event where everyone already knows each other :)
Tayo
user 9971800
Denver, CO
Different people show up everytime and there're always new members. While I already know some people, I usually meet at least half of the attendees for the first time. Besides, people are very friendly and will talk to you irrespective of whether they've seen you before or not. So, just show up, you'll fit right in
A former member
Post #: 2
Well, let's do this, Olivia. See you tonight!
A former member
Post #: 2
Noelle, I'm so sorry! I didn't even know that anyone had replied to my message. I was really tired when I got home from work and had to do groceries, so going out wasn't really an option when all was said and done. How did it go?
A former member
Post #: 3
I wouldn't know, because I had to work late, and couldn't make it!

High-five for no-shows!!

Fue una lastima. La próxima vez vamos a conocer y participar en la conversación. Con suerte, voy a hablar con usted pronto.
A former member
Post #: 3
Si! Vas a ir a la fiesta de Memorial Day este fin de semana?