Join us for a nice ride from REI out to Golden if you are GREEN rider and if you feel like going up Lookout (BLUE/BLACK) riders. This is always a fun ride.
Green Route: REI to Golden and back http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/362054613
Blue Route: REI up Lookout and around
Black Route: REI up Lookout to Lariat loop and back through Morrison Leader: Rene
All Riders Please Read:
What do our rider levels mean?
GREEN (no drop):
These rides are perfect if you haven't been on your bike for awhile or just want an easy ride. Green rides generally have a social aspect at the end of the ride.
Pace - Average pace on flat terrain is 10-13 mph.
Terrain - Relatively flat; small hills
These rides are for more experienced riders.
Pace - Average pace on flat terrain is 13-17mph.
Terrain - Variable; May include some steep and/or prolonged climbs.
These rides are for the most experienced riders.
Pace - Average pace on flat terrain is 17-20 mph.
Terrain - Variable; often includes steep and/or prolonged climbs.
Are rides ever cancelled due to weather?
A rider’s safety is always important. If temperatures are forecasted to be 40 degrees or colder the ride will be cancelled. The ride will also be cancelled if the pavement is wet due to rain or slick due to freezing temperatures. If in doubt, check the ride on the OUTspokin' Calendar before departing for your ride or contact the assigned ride leaders listed for the ride. You can also email [masked].
Our rides are also posted on the OUTspokin' website ( http://www.outspokin.org/rides ).
To ride with OUTspokin', you should be a member. This small membership fee from our riders is collected to cover the cost of team liability insurance, which offers “members” partial coverage if anything should happen during the ride; we also absorb the costs of web hosting, e-mail communications, providing custom team jerseys at cost, and participation in PrideFest and other social events. OUTspokin' also works with various sponsors to provide discounts to members. Membership purchases are for the season; therefore, memberships will expire on January 1st of the following year. To purchase a membership, go to the OUTspokin' store (http://www.outspokin.org/store)page (http://www.outspokin.org/store). (http://www.outspokin.org/store)
OUTspokin's bike riding program, is organized and led by volunteers. We hope you have an enjoyable and safe cycling experience, and find rides that suit your riding style and fitness level.
You are responsible for your own decisions on the ride. To ensure your safety and that of others, we do have the following expectations of ride participants:
- Cyclists are required to wear a correctly adjusted helmet.
- Participants must sign a waiver including an emergency and/or home phone number.
- Riders must cycle in a legal, safe, and courteous manner. Obey all traffic laws. Practice good bike etiquette. Use hand signals.
- Never ride with earphones or ear bud(s).Pull off and stop when using a cell phone.
- Participants should carry a pump, spare tube, patch kit, and money and know how to fix their own flats. Make sure to carry water and a snack as well.
- Plan to arrive at least fifteen minutes before the start time with your bicycle ready to ride. This allows time to sign the waiver, listen to route instructions, meet the leader, and look at the map if available.
- We also recommend that you print out the map for the ride you choose to do, if available from our website.
For the group's enjoyment as well as your own, choose a ride at the pace and distance that matches your current ability.All participants are expected to be personally responsible for their own conduct and decisions while on an OUTspokin's ride.
And above all else, HAVE FUN!