addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Denver RPG Group Message Board Conventions › Tacticon 2011 (9/1 - 9/4)

Tacticon 2011 (9/1 - 9/4)

Closed to new replies

Wendy
WAEtoWAR
Denver, CO
Post #: 81
It's been a while since I've been to Tacticon but I am reconsidering this year in part because the Rocky Mountain Savages are hosting a huge Saturday night event in part because I don't yet have anything else planned for that weekend.

Who is going to join me? What are you looking forward to/planning to run? What are your best Tacticon memories?

For Genghis 2011 I planned nearly my whole schedule around our meetup GM's games and I'd like to do the same this con because our GMs are so creative!! Plus I love getting out there and meeting the players that I haven't had a chance to game with thus far, and drinking and reminiscing with friends about characters long dead. :)

Registration opens on June 26th (http://www.denvergame...­) and check out the Denver Gamers on Facebook as well for excellent customer support and teasers about upcoming or newly added events.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

~Wendy
Wendy
WAEtoWAR
Denver, CO
Post #: 82
**crickets churping**

Soooo...is no one else going to Tacticon?

And here I was trying to convince Jon to give away the D&D 4th edition freebees he got from WoTC at the con. My bad. :-/
Camdon W.
user 10691773
Denver, CO
Post #: 27
Cut me some slack! It's summer!

I'm going to try and make it but I'm heading to a wedding in Utah the weekend before and I'm afraid I'll catch... What's the wedding equivalent of the nerd flu you get at cons?

Regardless, I hope to see everyone there. I'll end up being patient zero of the Tacticon plague. I met me current gaming group because a gentleman named Scott, who I met through Nate, who I met when you took my son and me to lunch after our Deadlands game. Six degrees of gamer separation! I'm a con success story :-)

Jay H
Emirikol
Denver, CO
Post #: 26
I'll be there again this year. Life is too short not to go (as I realised from a late friend).

Cons are fun, we get to meet new people, try new games (or the same old ones) and I like looking at stuff in the dealers rooms.

jh
Wendy
WAEtoWAR
Denver, CO
Post #: 83
I'm psyched, I just signed up for my games. Savage worlds and Hero system here I come. :)

Y'all should get a team of 3-4 together for the "A Team Event" (#5001) Saturday 2-6pm and come RP a faction against me. :) http://teameventrpg.w...­

Also, my buddy Lee is running "Savage Worlds - Interface Zero - Shave and a Heir Cut" (#5099) during two different time slots, check it out!

Derek J: if you're listening--any chance you'll run "Savage Worlds - Realms of Cthulhu - Below the Cold, Dark Water" (#5101) at Enchanted Grounds or somewhere else after Tacticon, sounds great, but I was thinking I should eat dinner on Friday night. :)

Finally: anyone here ever played Fiasco? I just saw it listed and read a review (http://ignitionimprov...­) and it sounds pretty sweet, what do you think?

~Wendy
Carl S.
BOFH
Longmont, CO
Post #: 267
I think my games are Saturday 10 and 2 or 11 and 1, something. I'll check in a bit.

Carl
A former member
Post #: 129
Going through the selection, I really can't find anything that makes me want to go. However, I'll still be there from time to time helping one of the vendors, so will see some of you there =)
Wendy
WAEtoWAR
Denver, CO
Post #: 88
I hear you Sior, I was more interested in the Genghis selection, but hey what else have I got going on over the long weekend? You'll likely be able to find some of us chillin at the hotel bar around 11 or midnight Friday and Saturday if you are still there. :)
scottdunphy
user 7406737
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 418
Y'all should get a team of 3-4 together for the "A Team Event" (#5001) Saturday 2-6pm and come RP a faction against me. :) http://teameventrpg.w...­

We're definitely looking for more teams for the Team Event at Tacticon! I'm also letting the team captains that sign up in advance determine the genre/setting/conflict for this run. Looks like we've got about 3 teams planning to compete at Tacticon at this point. We need at least one more to make the event work, but we can have up to 10 teams!

Check out this video from the first run of the Team Event in Colorado Springs. (Also available in Hi Def)

So if this sounds awesome to you, get a team together (you only need 2 or 3 other people) and register as their team captain! If you're having trouble getting a team together or don't have anyone else to team up with, please let me know and I'll do some match-making for you. (I did it pretty successfully for the first run and created two teams out of solo-players!)

And if you do sign up, please send me a PM with your email address so you can take part in the setting discussion with the other team captains.
Derek
user 9303647
Denver, CO
Post #: 16

Derek J: if you're listening--any chance you'll run "Savage Worlds - Realms of Cthulhu - Below the Cold, Dark Water" (#5101) at Enchanted Grounds or somewhere else after Tacticon, sounds great, but I was thinking I should eat dinner on Friday night. :)

~Wendy

Wendy-- I'm sorry I didn't check this thread before, but I think I responded to you elsewhere.
Let me just say, I'm always willing (though not always able) to run one of my games elsewhere after the con. Though it has been my experience that Friday night games at these cons are great--especially for Cthulu games. Nonetheless, since pre-reg is closed now, I hope we can set up a time sometime in the future, get five others and I'll run it.
Sadly, I'm not sure the Black Friday Gameday will happen this year--I want to do it, but I'm not sure I'll be available.