addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Denver RPG Group Message Board General Games › Any interest in an X-men game?

Any interest in an X-men game?

Kevin B.
user 9275224
Denver, CO
Post #: 3
Has everybody who's expressed interest in this game RSVP'ed yet? Personally, I can't wait to give this a try!

Marques, quick question - will this game be set in modern day continuity (i.e. Wolverine's school), slightly less modern-day (The New X-Men years under Morrison's faculty), 90's style (Generation X), 80's edition (New Mutants) or super old school (i.e. X-Men: First Class)? Just asking because I've had some thoughts about character creation and I want to do whatever will be the most fun for the group given the time frame.
A former member
Post #: 18
We're going to do our own continuity. So it's modern day, but the school has just opened. The PCs and ten NPCs are the first students at Xavier's school. Xavier has yet to be crippled. Taking a page from the Dresen Codak's X-men reboot, the Xavier-Eric split hasn't happened yet and the man-who-will-be Magneto is also a teacher at the school.

The NPC students are 16 at the oldest. Some of them are traditionally x-men, some Brotherhood. The Mutant Registration Act is just coming up for a vote, championed by Senator Kelly. For the rest of the Marvel universe it is also the same year that the Fantastic Four came back from space changed, Tony Stark just got back from *cough**cough*istan, Peter Parker's Uncle Ben was just killed, and Bruce Banner had a terrible accident out in the desert.

So basically, don't worry about the continuity to much, just go with what you like. I'm doing a very mish-mash interpretation of a lot of characters, and completely revamping a couple. I'm cribbing from everything.
Kevin B.
user 9275224
Denver, CO
Post #: 4
Nifty! Thanks for the info. Sounds like a wild ride! :)

I'm leaning towards being a fictional member of the Guthrie clan but if there's already an NPC Guthrie in play (Cannonball or Husk), I might go in another direction.
A former member
Post #: 19
None of the Guthrie's are currently being used in play. And if there were I'm giving priority to the PCs character anyway and I'd just change out the NPC for someone else.

The NPCs I've got now are:

Staff:
Charles Xavier
Moira MacTaggart
Eric Lehnsherr
Magda Lehnsherr
Jean-Paul Beaubier (Northstar)
Logan
Emma Frost
Raven Darkholme (Mystique)
Hank McCoy (Beast)
Alison Blaire (Dazzler)
Irene Adler (Destiny)
Fred Dukes (The Blob)

Students:
Pietro Lehnsherr (Quicksilver)
Wanda Lehnsherr (Scarlet Witch)
Scott Summers (Cyclops)
Jean Grey
Bobby Drake (Iceman)
Ororo Munroe (Storm)
Mortimer Toynbee (Toad)
Kurt Darkholme (Nightcrawler, his parentage isn't a mystery)
Anna Marie (Rogue)
Dominique Petrakis (Avalanche, but gender-swapped)
Kevin B.
user 9275224
Denver, CO
Post #: 5
Ooh, interesting! Brave new world. :)

Is the Meetup still happening this Wednesday or are we going to bump it another week to give the other two folks a chance to RSVP?
A former member
Post #: 20
I'm just going to postpone it until further notice. The thread will still be here, so if we get some other people we'll see what happens.