Now that's you win, FROM NOW ON, THAT'S HOW YOU WIN!
Hold your breath everyone, it's going to be a wild ride from here on out. Last Sunday is are the type of Bronco football days that remind you why you believe, why you live, breathe and die Broncos football. Every second counts and Journey said don't stop believing....clearly they knew what they were talking about.
So let's get to the nitty gritty. The Broncos have a decently tough schedule ahead of them with Baltimore this week and the Jets at home next week, so lets get to the previous game and talk about the Baltimore game.
Who ever know that Kyle Orton had *$&% of steel? He called out the Titans, specifically Courtland Finnergan (cornerback) of punching Chris Kuper after his helmet came off. Also, he called the Titans dirty players. More importantly, McDaniels backed up Orton in saying either the coach (Jeff Fisher) coaches this activity or allows it to happen. Mind you, Fisher is the longest tenured coach with 1 team in the NFL right now (17 years) and highly respected, but you call a spade a spade. This will go a LONG way in the locker room so I expect a much more aggressive defense against the Ravens as a show of appreciation.
Kyle ORTON...yes you heard it, Kyle $##*$#*(#$ Orton is leading the NFL in passing yards and the Denver Broncos 1419, 96.4 passer rating and completing 67.4% of his passes. In addition, the Broncos have the 4th in total offense. Defense is Ranked 17th, basically middle of the road, but injuries have not been kind to the Broncos. Kyle Orton also has had 3 consecutive 300+ yard games and could tie the record this Sunday of 4 in a row (ironically set by Bubby Brister). So that 8.8 million contract extension for next year doesn't seem like it was unnecessary now.
Speaking of injuries, Goodman, Moreno and Woodyard all return to practice, but on a limited basis. It is an encouraging sign to see them on the field with Goodman being the starting CB, Moreno to potentially be a boost to our terrible running game and Woodyard being a special team standout.
In last weeks game, the reason for the improvement in the Broncos protection of Orton in the 2nd half was a matter of disguise in which they used a 3 wideout set. Using this set usually requires the elimination of a fullback or Tightend. However, Demaryius Thomas was often used as a blocking wide receiver in these cases to throw off the defense. I would expect more of the same against the Ravens aggressive defense as well.
Also another little tidbit...do you know that Brandon Llyod is 2nd in receiving yards behind Reggie Wayne? No, I'm serious, I'm not making that up.
Notes for the Ravens game:
1. The Ravens total defense ranks near the top as it does every year, with their pass defense ranking #1 and Run defense ranking #22. It will be interesting to see how the Broncos choose to attack this defense with their Aerial assault. Secondly, it could pose an opportunity to exploit their focus on the broncos pass offense, and maybe we can establish the running game.
2. The Ravens offense has been terrible scoring on average only 15 points a game. In addition, it seems that Joe Flacco has hit his sophomore slump a year later even with the addition of TJ Housmenzadah and Anquan Bolden. If we can hold Chris Johnson to 53 yards of total rushing, I expect we can do the same for Ray Rice.
And this is what you've all been waiting for, the Tailgate info and PQ Tavern info so here it goes:
1. As it stands now, the Bus up to the Ravens game is currently sold out with 5 people on a waiting list to see if anyone drops.
2. PQ is opening at 9am to serve beer and bloody marys. The bus is arriving at 9:30am and leaving PQ at 10am.
3. THE MEETUP WILL STILL OCCUR AT PENN QUARTERS for those are not going to the game. So please still come and enjoy with your fellow Broncos Fans.
4. Lindsay will be sending out more information about where we are tailgating at the stadium for those of who you'd like to come and join us. We expect to receive the bus permit within the next day or two so look out for that email.
5. There will not be a raffle this week, but we will resume next week.
Have a great rest of the weekend and prepare for some serious Orange And Blue craziness this weekend. As always:
I am a Broncos fan and I believe. I believe in Mile High Magic and Bleed Orange and Blue. I celebrate the drive and the Mile High Salute. I create the THUNDER, share in the common dream and will forever be a proud citizen of BRONCOS COUNTRY!