addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Jeff S.
user 6567865
Englewood, CO
Post #: 14
I'd like to start a discussion about the $5 fee. I've had a couple complaints about the $5 charge, so I figure we could discuss it and maybe I'll remove the fee. Here are some of the reasons I've decide to charge a fee.
1. The cost of being part of the meetup. $75 every 6 months
2. The cost of providing the venue
3. The cost of BBQing, ie hamburgers, brats, chicken, forks, plates ,paper towels, condiments
4. The time I have invested in preparing for the MeetUp
5. The time I have to spend in cleaning up after ie people and their dogs
I would be willing to offer a money back guarantee, that if you don't have a great time and you don't think it's worth the $5 I'll gladly refund your money. To everyone that has attended in the past I'd like to hear your opinion on this matter.
Keri L.
user 8909294
Englewood, CO
Post #: 1
The fee seems reasonable to me, Jeff. You put out a bit of money to organize the group, much less, it's not like you ask for money everytime we meet. You pay more for a serving of meat you are offering at these bbq's than a single serving of any side dish I would prepare and bring. See you there!
Diane
Diane9158
Castle Rock, CO
Hi Jeff,

This will be my first meetup with the group and I think your fee is more than fair. Asking everyone to chip in for meat, paper towels, forks etc is fine and I am happy to pay my share. I think we will all have a great time, meet new dog lovers and taste some wine.

Thanks for taking the time to organize this meetup and I look forward to meeting you!
A former member
Post #: 2
The fee is fine but to ask for both a fee and bring food is not fair. Make it 10 per person and you provide less food and call it even or provide no food and just have a meet up to cover the charge for organizing the group. I dont think a full on cook out is necessary. I just dont think it's fair to charge a fee and expect me to bring food too. People should clean up after themselves, that should be a given that any adult would take responsibility for before leaving the party and for god sakes people should be picking up after there own dog!
My opinion so I probably won't be there. And Jeff I have enjoyed the meet ups in the past but if you charge a fee it needs to be fair to the guest. Owning the group is going to cost you no matter what.
A former member
$5 seems fair to us.
A former member
The fee is fine but to ask for both a fee and bring food is not fair. Make it 10 per person and you provide less food and call it even or provide no food and just have a meet up to cover the charge for organizing the group. I dont think a full on cook out is necessary. I just dont think it's fair to charge a fee and expect me to bring food too. People should clean up after themselves, that should be a given that any adult would take responsibility for before leaving the party and for god sakes people should be picking up after there own dog!
My opinion so I probably won't be there. And Jeff I have enjoyed the meet ups in the past but if you charge a fee it needs to be fair to the guest. Owning the group is going to cost you no matter what.

Sarha,
Based on your reply, you might have misread. You say "Make it 10 per person and you provide less food and call it even." The fee is $5, not $15.
Cheers!
a
A former member
I just joined the group, but seriously can't believe that people are complaining about the fee! You can't get a burger for less than $5 anywhere else, so why do they think they should get a free lunch from this? Especially from an individual that is just like them! Come on, people, it's $5!! I know my dogs happiness is worth a heck of a lot more than $5!!

mike
user 12407127
Denver, CO
Hi Jeff I just joined the email group. My name is Mike and I have a 5 1/2 mth old English Mastiff puppy, Jaxon. I can't believe people are complaining about $5. That is insane. I haven't been to one of your meet ups yet but I am looking forward to it. You should ask one of the people that complained to do it once and see how much it costs. I think you are being overly generous for 5 bucks. I get to have a nice time and meet new people and my pup has a nice time and gets to meet new friends. That is worth way more than 5 bucks. Keep up the good work.
A former member
I think we all know how much time/energy it takes to prepare something like this (not to mention the cost). $5 is completely reasonable. I'm new to the group and looking forward to meeting everyone!
A former member
$ 5 is a good fee, I can afford that plus my dog Apple has fun!!! As pet parents we all should pick up after our dogs, also some of us should stay back and help you clean up. It better to help then not help at all. :)