Denver Java Users Group Message Board › ServiceMagic needs a Sr. Java Developer
Hi all - My company, ServiceMagic, based in Golden, is looking to hire a top-notch Sr. Java Developer to join our web development team. We have a lot of exciting things happening over the next 12-18 months, and this person will be at the core. Please check out the description below, and feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com or apply online if interested.
ServiceMagic is looking for a senior-level Java Developer to help enhance a rapidly growing J2EE web site. We are a small, flat, rapid-iteration shop where developers get to expand beyond narrow, isolated programming tasks and influence all parts of the stack, on technology that gets built and deployed fast enough for you to have an impact every single week.
ServiceMagic, Inc., headquartered in Golden, Colo., is the leading online marketplace connecting homeowners with prescreened and customer-rated home service professionals. The company is revolutionizing how people buy and sell home services by creating a better connection between consumers and prescreened, customer-rated businesses matched to their needs and interested in their requests.
We are looking for smart people who are:
• Problem solvers – thinkers, tryers, tinkerers, learners, doers…those not afraid of problems or people, who can proactively parse, research and solve technology challenges regardless of where they lie.
• Full stack capable – someone who grasps how to write software, who can and will do development anywhere necessary to deliver a solution (on a GUI, configuring a server, etc.)
• Iteration believers – like to do small, short release cycles because you think thats the best way to add quality features and not work everyone to the bone. We dont ever tread water, but we also dont do death marches.
• Fun lovers – people who can work in a fast-cycle, collaborative environment that likes to play…being part of a team is critical to success in the development team, and the business as a whole.
• We offer a fast paced, highly interactive environment and are looking for intelligent, self-motivated developers with a desire to work for one of Denver's most successful internet companies.
Experience and Skills:
• 7+ years of concentrated Internet focused Java J2EE development at all parts of the stack.
• Ability to help advance design; model solutions; be a critical thinker and contributor in the give-and-take of Agile development.
• Ability to take complete ownership of projects: gain a good understanding of the problem, work to negotiate an acceptable technology solution, find the tools and answers, and proactively build and deliver code.
• Ability to mentor less experienced programmers, and to work hand-in-hand with experts from product development, marketing, software test and other collaboration partners
• Manage inputs from other people using solid project management skills to ensure on-time delivery of all software components.
• Ability to think, contribute and be accountable in a fast paced dynamic team environment with weekly small releases.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, and good sense of humor.
• Ability to understand abstract problems and provide innovative solutions.
• Solid understanding of OO analysis, design and implementation using very solid Java language skills.
• Servlet Container or Application Server experience.
• SQL, JDBC
• Apache Struts
• Spring/MVC or other similar frameworks
• Agile XP
Nice to have experience:
• Web Services, JMS, MBeans, Restful
• Git for version control
• RIA Web Frameworks
Apply online at http://servicemagic.s....