addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Theater and Arts in Denver Message Board › Stepping down from the group

Stepping down from the group

Stacy
user 8488171
Denver, CO
Post #: 938
Hi everyone!

After several years of organizing Meetup groups, I've decided to take a break. I want to thank you all for being a part of this group - together, we have done an INCREDIBLE job of supporting local theater.

The total revenue since I've started running this group - ticket sales alone - is $30,741.72. I figure we've spent at least that much on dinners/drinks, too... many times our dinner was more expensive than the show! So, that's somewhere in the ballpark of $60,000 our group has pumped into the Denver economy. Pat yourselves on the back!

Thank you for being a part of this group, and thanks for supporting local theater in Denver! I'm sure I'll see many of you in the lobby of a theater soon!

Best,

Stacy
Chip
user 10897066
Boulder, CO
Post #: 22
Stacy,
Sorry to see you stepping down. You've a great organizer.
Chip
Chip
user 10897066
Boulder, CO
Post #: 23
So what does everyone thinK? Let's have a discussion. I would be willing to help out, but I don't think I have the time to do it alone. If we had a small group of 2-4 people to share in the organizing, it might be easier.
Paloma
user 15549391
Kiowa, CO
Post #: 1
Stacy,
I managed to only make it to one meetup last year, and none so far this year so far. However it was very clear how much time you were decicating to this group and it was much appreciated. How you were constantly on the look out for that new show and for discount tickets. Thank you again for your time. I wish I had more time to be a part of the orginizing group and help out. Living 1 1/2 hrs from Downtown Denver doesn't help me any. Chip, I hope you have some takers on our offer to create an orginizing team, it will be nice to continue this meet up uninterrupted. When I sell and move closer I will stay in touch and see if I can help. Paloma
A former member
Post #: 2
Stacy, Thank you for your hard work organizing for this group. The theater and dinner events were great! I enjoyed meeting you and other theater lovers. It takes a lot of time and energy leading a group! It is appreciated!
Carol
user 24535472
Aurora, CO
Post #: 5
In the short time (less than a year) since I joined Theater & the Arts, I have attended 11 Meetups. I am convinced that I would never have experienced such a variety of events and venues without your amazing organizing skills. Your dedication to local theater is obvious, and your connections with the theater community provided affordable prices for these productions. I love live theater, and this group gave me a venue to attend on my own with others who appreciate it just as much. You took on what could have been a very thankless job, and you may have felt under-appreciated at times. I had a ball being a member, and while I understand your decision, it won't make me miss you and the group any less! All the best to you, Stacy.
Debbie
user 47990772
Denver, CO
Post #: 5
Stacy, I am so sad to read this news -- although I would think anyone would need a break after handling such a complex organizing job for several years! I haven't been a member of the group very long, but in just these few short months I've seen several plays I wouldn't have attended (or even known about) before -- and I'm so grateful for the hard work you've put in to make experiences like these possible. Thank you so much, and I hope our paths will cross again sometime in the very near future!
A former member
Post #: 59
I think Debbie speaks for many of us. It can be difficult to put one's self into a new social setting - like going to a Meetup. But Stacy always made it easy for new people to come in. She always found you and make herself assessable. The pre and post meals really helped you get to know people, not just sit at a play with them. I met a lot of wonderful people and some I hope will stay friends with. Thanks Stacy, in your own little meetup way, you have touched many lives.
Stacy
user 8488171
Denver, CO
Post #: 941
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. And a huge thanks to Joe for keeping the group alive!!!
A former member
Post #: 4
Thanks for all your hard work! Enjoy some free time.

Hope to see you at a show sometime soon!

Melanie Weisman