THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED FOR RSVPS AS WE ARE ALREADY EXPECTING 40-50 TO ATTEND.
Carme and Dave are this months super lovely willing chefs and I know first hand that Carme is brilliant in the kitchen so we should be in for a treat:
On the menu is...
Courgette, onion & potato soup
Veggie balls with romescu sauce & couscous salad
Rustic apple pie & custard
People arrive from 6pm and food tends to be served around 7pm till it runs out.
And now for the bit about People's Kitchen:
Derby Peoples Kitchen arose from a discussion at the Mapping Alternative Derby Open Space Technology event around the flailing sense of community and a PK potentially offering some resolve to this.
The people's kitchen is available to contact via:
Tel: 0756 2727 306
Taken from "http://peopleskitchen.tumblr.com/peoples_kitchen"
People’s Kitchen is:
* A chance for a community to get together and socialise
* A cheap, inclusive, ethical and healthy meal
We do it:
- To provide an outlet for food that is sustainable, healthy and local, affordable and inclusive
- To provide an opportunity for people and organisations in our town to socialise together
- To create an event that is about shared responsibility & mutual aid
- Because we wanted to make an immediate difference in our community in a way that didn’t involve lots of meetings and committees
We serve exclusively vegan food because:
- it’s ethical
- it’s cheap
- it’s environmentally more sustainable
- in terms of food hygiene it’s easier and simpler to prepare
- it’s accessible to the most people in terms of dietary, cultural and religious requirements