This group is for Singles of East Indian Origin (means Indians that come from all over the world not just India) that reside in Austin and surrounding areas in Texas who are Divorced, Mature Singles (45+ yrs means never married due to life circumstances) and Widows. Please note we are NEITHER divorce attorneys NOR professional advisors NOR counselors NOR therapists. If you are currently Separated, please wait till Divorce is finalized before joining this group.
Our goal is also to socialize and enjoy with like-minded friends in a similar stage in life. Let us meet to experience the activities and scenic attractions this city and surrounding areas has to offer. At the end of the day, the hope is to form a well-knit community that will support its members and can provide companionship through a safe platform to form new relationships or friendships.
Focus groups have been created in Meetup that will give new and existing members to flow into a Focus group that will give members the opportunity to meet likeminded people.
Links for the Focus Groups are provided in the Events Whatsapp page for all members, and each Focus group will host a WhatsApp group to post events and discussion that pertain to the focus of the group. We invite all members to join one or more groups that meet your interest.
Following are the existing Focus groups and more will be added. Please contact Group admins if you need the links to the groups:
1. Austin Single Parents of young children
2. Mature Singles/Empty Nesters Group
3. Hiking Group
4. Food Truck (Chaat) Outing Group
5.TX Singles Card Game Group
RSVP is mandatory for all events and if it is a ticketed event, payments are sent at the time of RSVP. Members are encouraged to make an effort to attend the monthly Meet and Greet Events. Events will be geared towards meeting new members and celebrating city wide venues and holidays.
As in any large group, organization and structure is needed, therefore we MUST have guidelines that need to be adhered to maintain participation in group activities:
1. Hostility towards members and committee will not be tolerated.
2. No discrimination against religion, cultural and political differences.
3. Topics and Events will be in a general approach that is not driven by religious or specific belief systems, but in a celebratory manner of all Holidays
4. Be respectful in addressing the group as both genders are represented from all backgrounds. Mode of communication in Group chats and group events is in English as multiple languages are represented in group.
5. Do not provide any false information, including photos. That will be grounds for immediate termination.
6. RSVP changes to an event must be made as soon as you know you can’t make it. Repeated “no shows” may end access to this group.
7. Please bring all concerns and suggestions to Committee Members only.
8. This group Committee is not responsible for any Social Chatting groups such as WhatsApp or Telegram that are formed from this Meetup.