Welcome to the Desi Social Group! Our group is geared for desis that are looking to hang out and have a good time with others that share the same interest(s) from the following areas - Delaware, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. Our group is open to anyone who would like to be a member to appreciate anything "desi". Depending on where you live, sometimes it can be hard to make friends, let alone desis. We will do a variety of things like dinners, movies, festivals, happy hours, potlucks, hookah bars, clubs, wine tasting, etc.
In order to be a member, we ask that future members have a profile pic of themselves and answer the questions in a mature way (funny answers will be accepted, provided they are indeed humorous).
Guidelines to our members:
1. All events are for 21+, unless otherwise stated by the host.
2. Members are asked to RSVP to all events to increase participation.
3. All events will need at least 5 members to RSVP "YES" in order for the event to continue as planned. If the total response from the group have not reached 5 or more for that event, the host or organizer will cancel the event the day prior.
4. Three strikes and you're removed from the membership. This means that if you have RSVP'ed "YES" to an event and do not show up, that will be the first strike. We understand that plans can change but we ask that you either RSVP "NO" the day prior or post in the comments section or send an e-mail to the host letting them know that you are unable to make the event.
5. If the member has not visited our page for 6 months or more, they will be removed from the membership but can rejoin at a later date, upon approval.
6. Separate bills/checks will be asked to the server by the host/organizer, prior to ordering at the event.
7. Members should have an appropriate profile pictures.
These guidelines have been set in place to help with group participation and also to help the host or organizers for the events. We look forward to having you as part of our group. Please feel free to contribute your ideas or thoughts to our organizers for future events!
Disclaimer : SCOPE OF EVENTS : Please note that the group takes a wider approach to host events so that all members can engagement in personal and professional development. The topics include career and jobs, education, mba and other topics like immigration, tech, finance non profit, fashion, music and literature. Some events would be events that are hosted by third parties but the organizers feel that they bring a lot of value to the members. Please do not join the group is you disagree with approach.