"Don't try to be original. Just try to be good."
- Paul Rand
For the next book, we've decided to go with a great short read by one of the most influential designers in the last 50 years.
"Paul Rand: Conversations with Students" is a series of interviews, packed into a short book which can be read over a weekend (so no excuses not to read it!)
Read more here — https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2228978.Paul_Rand
National Library Copy
Google Books Preview
Alim has volunteered to be the Book Wizard for the meetup!
What happens at the Meet-up?
• For every meet-up we'll announce a book. All attendees are expected to read the book (or atleast try their best!)
• We will also ask for volunteers and pick a Book Wizard.
• At the meet-up, the Book Wizard will present a short summary of the book (can be a short 5-15 minute presentation or just a short verbal summary, or even some trivia about the book/author).
• After this it's all a casual chat — we'll talk about the book and discuss more if there interest. We may organize some small activities that help us discuss the book more.
• Important: It's a requirement to order food from the venue. Doesn't have to be big, but please make sure you order. It's not easy to find places without a minimum spend — and there is no other fee for the meet-up. So please show your support for the venue & the club.