This is a group for Desis (anyone from the Indian sub-continent really) who are currently single again (divorced, widowed etc.). As Desis, we face unique challenges in restarting the single life; the idea is to bring a uniquely desi approach to helping that transition. Think swapping life stories over chai! The group will also allow our children a chance to interact with others with a similar cultural background.
At the end of the day, the hope is to form a well-knit community that will support its members and help in the healing and growth process.
That said, we must have rules.
• Absolutely no negativity.
• Must be from the India subcontinent.
• Must be a divorcee/widow/widower or in the process of separation.
• Must have an open mind when it comes to religion and cultural differences. And cricket teams :)
• Do not provide any false information, including photos. That will be grounds for immediate termination.
• Do not send messages or indulge in behavior that makes our members uncomfortable.
• RSVP changes to an event must be made as soon as you know you can’t make it. Repeated “no shows” may end access to this group.