addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Detroit Atheist Social Hub Message Board › Nativity Scene in Warren (Mound Road)

Nativity Scene in Warren (Mound Road)

A former member
Post #: 331
Nativity Scene on Mound Rd in Warren is set to go back up after a few years of being gone due to a complaint I filed with FFRF a few years ago. FFRF is looking to put up their own banner, and I have offered to coordinate a group photo.

I will be bringing it up at the DAM meetup this month, but if anyone here is interested, please post a response and I will try to find a good time to get people together.
A former member
Post #: 335
Christopher M.
ccmclaugh
Group Organizer
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Post #: 1,287
Scott I am very proud of you and Doug and the others who got involved and accomplished this. Can you put a pin in a Google map, and post the link for us, so that we might drive by and check out this FFRF banner display?
A former member
Post #: 336
Well, I havent checked the forum in a while, so I should update.
The banner was stolen, and there was not a replacement available to put up. The nativity scene has since come down(before Jan 1st, not sure exactly what day), so at this point, there is nothing to see if people drive by. I expect we will have a new banner up next year, as I will be donating to have one made if needed, and I do not expect our stolen banner to cause them to discontinue the practice of allowing displays.