An Esri GeoDev Meetup is taking place May 9th in coordination with the Northeastern Arc Users Group spring conference (http://nearc.sites.amherst.edu/schedule/), where appetizers and beverages will be provided! (Come a lil' hungry, why don't ya?).
The GeoDev Meetup event is a social gathering for developers to discuss the latest in mapping, geo technology, geo services, web and mobile mapping apps, app design, cloud solutions, map data or anything else related to solving real-world "geo" problems.
Developers of all levels of expertise are welcome, from seasoned GIS professionals to those new to geospatial development.
At these meet ups, you can:
• Meet cool people. Duh, we're there.
• Show us what you got by demo'ing your application or framework.
• Make a name for yourself in presenting an cool new/interesting concept or idea.
• Impress someone by sharing your experiences.
• If you're sharp with your GIS and developer trivia, you can win some cool Esri swag
• Make BFFs for life - connect with other developers!
Here's what's on the agenda:
5:30 - 6:30 PM Registration and Social (Appetizers and Beverages served - YES!)
6:30 - 7:00 PM Introduction
7:00 - 8:00 PM Lightning Talks
• Molly Burhans, "Map Landholdings of the Catholic Church"
8:00 - 9:00 PM Raffle, Networking and Social. We will be raffling off a free registration pass to attend the 2017 Esri DevSummit.
BONUS: All attendees will receive a voucher for 1000 Service Credits for your ArcGIS Online Developer Subscription
Be sure to follow us on Twitter #geodev (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23geodev&src=hash&f=realtime) @AmyNiessen (http://www.twitter.com/AmyNiessen)
There will be a GeoDev HackerLab earlier in the day at the University of Massachusetts in the Integrative Learning Center. Seating is limited, so please be sure to RSVP soon!