By RSVPing to this event, you are only signing up for the free GeoDev Meetup in the evening, NOT the HackerLab. To register for HackerLab, you must go to the following URL:
We are hosting our first ever HackerLab event in Portland, OR! This is a four-hour, hands-on, strategically guided lab for developers that will cover how to build map apps with ArcGIS Online, APIs and Services, Open Source, and also with AppStudio for ArcGIS (for native apps). If you're lucky, you may even get to test-drive AppStudio to build native apps with QML. The tutorials are led by Allan Laframboise and John Gravois, who are both really smart dudes, and you will be given time to play in between the tutorials. A light lunch will be served along with afternoon beverages. Oh and, AHEM, it's FREE!
This is a BYOM, BYOI, BYOA, and BYOD event: bring your own machine, ideas, apps and data. Yeah.
Oh and here is a list of the required materials:
2. GitHub account
3. Git installed and configured
4. Text editor
5. ArcGIS for Developers or ArcGIS Organization account
12:00PM - 1:00PM Registration, Lunch, and Setup
1:00PM - 5:00PM HackerLab
Save your seat for HackerLab here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/esri-hackerlab-tickets-15922145566
Following the HackerLab, our regular Esri GeoDev Meet Up will start in the same location. Food and beverages will also be provided at the GeoDev Meet Up! (You probably won't be hungry...or broke, since it's free!)
The GeoDev Meetup event is a social gathering for developers to discuss the latest in mapping, geo technology, geo services, web and mobile mapping apps, app design, cloud solutions, map data or anything else related to solving real-world "geo" problems.
Developers of all levels of expertise are welcome, from seasoned GIS professionals to those new to geospatial development.
At these meet ups, you can:
• Meet cool people. Duh, we're there.
• Show us what you got by demo'ing your application or framework.
• Make a name for yourself in presenting an cool new/interesting concept or idea.
• Impress someone by sharing your experiences.
• If you're sharp with your GIS and developer trivia, you can win some cool Esri swag
• Make BFFs for life - connect with other developers!
Here's what's on the agenda:
5:30 - 6:00 PM Registration and Social (Appetizers and Beverages served - YES!)
6:00 - 7:00 PM Introduction and HackerLab Showcase
7:00 - 8:00 Lightning talks
• Jarrett Keifer, "Toolbox for Analyzing Fire Hydrant Coverage Within a Water System"
• Shad Campbell, "Map Animation Project"
• Mike Mills, "Esri-Leaflet Project and 3.js"
8:00 - 8:30 PM Raffle, Networking and Social. Two great (no, FANTASTIC) prizes:
A voucher for 1000 Service Credits for your ArcGIS Online Developer Subscription
A free registration pass to attend the 2016 Esri DevSummit
Follow us on Twitter: #geodev (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23geodev&src=hash&f=realtime) @AmyNiessen (http://www.twitter.com/AmyNiessen), @JimBarry (http://www.twitter.com/jimbarry), @Al_Laframboise (http://www.twitter.com/al_laframboise), and @geogangster (http://www.twitter.com/geogangster)