An Esri GeoDev Meetup is taking place on October 20th in coordination with the URISA GIS-Pro & NWGIS 2015 Conference (http://www.urisa.org/education-events/urisa-gis-pro-nwgis-2015-conference/)taking place October 18-22. Esri will be providing food and beverages at the meetup! (Come a lil' hungry, why don't ya?)
This event is a social gathering for developers to discuss the latest in mapping, geo technology, geo services, web and mobile mapping apps, app design, cloud solutions, map data or anything else related to solving real-world "geo" problems.
Developers of all levels of expertise are welcome, from seasoned GIS professionals to those new to geospatial development.
At these meet ups, you can:
• Meet cool people. Duh, we're there.
• Show us what you got by demo'ing your application or framework.
• Make a name for yourself in presenting an cool new/interesting concept or idea.
• Impress someone by sharing your experiences.
• If you're sharp with your GIS and developer trivia, you can win some cool Esri swag
• Make BFFs for life - connect with other developers!
Here's what's on the agenda:
6:30 - 7:15 PM Registration and Social (Appetizers and Beverages served - YES!)
7:15 - 7:30 PM News and Announcements
7:30 - 8:15 PM Lightning talks - Contact me if you'd like to do one!
• Pam Bond, "IDFG Hunt Planner Map Center"
• Ray Moro, "IS versus IS+G"
• Jerry Faust, "A Quick Overview of the Use of Toolset (custom rendering, spatial analysis, shortest route, AVL, drag/drop)"
8:15 - 8:30 PM Raffle, Networking and Social. Two great (no, FANTASTIC) prizes:
A voucher for 1000 Service Credits for your ArcGIS Online Developer Subscription
A free registration pass to attend the 2016 Esri DevSummit
Follow us on Twitter: #geodev (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23geodev&src=hash&f=realtime) @AmyNiessen (http://www.twitter.com/AmyNiessen) and @JimBarry (http://www.twitter.com/jimbarry).