addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

DevOps Toronto Message Board › Clustered/Distributed File Systems

Clustered/Distributed File Systems

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi folks,

I'm in the process of doing research into clustered/distributed file systems for my home lab. I've been using glusterfs for a bit but since I'm looking to do a rebuild I figured I'd go back and do a more recent tech review before I settled on which tech I'd use. To that end I wanted to reach out and ask what other people have been using for their clustered/distributed file systems and if there are any good outlines that objectively compare the different technologies in use.

I also wasn't sure what metrics do people use for comparing these technologies? I'm familiar with some basic metrics that I've used for comparing file systems like burst read and write speed, large file read write times and seek time over a large dataset, but is there any others that I'm missing?

I'm sure this could be the topic of it's own talk, one that I'd even be willing to give after I collect more information about it and did my own testing if people are interested, but I wanted to see if this wheel has already been invented.

Will Weaver