Embody the Music with your dance tribe. This unique expression of Ecstatic Dance Culture is inspired by nature-centered spiritual paths. Dance with Air - Fire - Water - Earth - Spirit. Embody your Divine Nature on a journey back to your center.
Move and flow with the rhythm in community, to witness, be witnessed, and to remind ourselves of the beauty that we are. Learn and grow from each element and work with its unique, palpable energy. Celebrate together, and allow your inner light to be revealed!
GUEST DJ - KATHERINE GLASA
Katherine is a "Movement Catalyst"!
She delivers joy with elevating rhythms, weaving Ambient / Soul / R&B / Deep House / Sensual grooves / World Beat / Tribal... and more. Come bear witness to her amazing feel for energetic flow.
She is also an Earth Honoring Minister and Somatic Healing Facilitator.
Read more about Katherine's many talents here:
Monthly - First and Third Saturdays of every Month
8pm - 11pm in San Jose
(doors open at 7:30 pm - newcomer orientation just before 8:00 pm)
Center for Creative Living
1460 Koll Circle # C, San Jose, CA
$15 standard donation at the door.
Sign up early with a friend and get a sweet deal! (http://www.devagnosis.org/event-pages/dance-elemental-south-bay-ecstatic-dance/)
Check out our Dance Duo! Two admitted for $25, in advance.
MUST pre-register to get the "Dance Duo" discount. Thank you!
Teen Ticket (ages 16-19): $5
Children (15 and under): FREE
*ALL MINORS must be accompanied by a responsible adult.*
Register for this dance and future dances here... (http://www.devagnosis.org/event-pages/dance-elemental-south-bay-ecstatic-dance/)
Volunteer positions available. Contact DAKINI (lead organizer) IN ADVANCE.
Thank you for your service!
Need More info? Cool... keep reading.
Basic structure: A large and beautiful sacred space for free-form dancing to amazing music in a loving community environment.
* Be moved by Live DJ with Live Drumming and Improvisational music too!
Bring your heart-felt intention and dance it into being. You are welcome to bring a token to represent your intention if you so desire, and place it on the Community Altar as we journey together.
* Areas set up for meditation, energy work, and community networking. Healthy snacks, tea and water are provided. All ages welcome! Young children should be supervised by parents/guardians.
* Chairs are available. Feel free to bring your own yoga mats for stretching or lying down.
* We invite volunteer Reiki healers and other energy/body workers to attend the healing area. Other volunteer opportunities are available as well. Please send us your volunteer inquiries in advance for trade possibilities.
Even MORE about the Dance
* If you have never attended before, please take a few minutes to read.
There will be a brief orientation for newcomers just before 8:00 p.m. so arrive early if you can.
Dance Elemental is inspired by ecstatic dance culture and nature-centered spiritual paths. Though you may have attended other ecstatic dance events, Dance Elemental is a unique expression of this form. Music is selected to take you on a journey through the four elements that leads you back to your center (spirit). This is a container created for authentic self expression through dance, meditation in motion, deep play, spiritual centering and community.
Rediscover and liberate your heart of hearts together through dance!
We welcome all to the dance. Open your heart, and dissolve any blocks of judgment and fear. Move your body and soul to a handpicked mix of world music, tribal, funk, electronica, trance, ambient and much more. Short, guided meditations are spoken between sections to help transition us from element to element as we journey together through the experience. We are dedicated to providing this touchstone for individual wholeness, healing, growth, and community harmony.
What to expect when you arrive
Arrive to soft music. Check in first and then quietly find a place for your things. Be welcomed with a cleansing/smudge (sage or gentle mist). Relax, breathe and stretch as others arrive.
We will be called together for a welcoming circle, speaking of our names, brief orientation, and grounding meditation. Then the dancing starts.
* Not to be confused with the religious variety.
There are several "stations" in our shared space to help you with being present during the dance.
1. Tea Space: Need a refresher? We have a lovely table with healthy snacks to help re-energize and 'ground' you.
2. Healing: Feeling tapped? Reiki Practitioners and experienced Body/Energy Workers from within our community are often available to offer their care to re-energize and align the participants.
3. Community Altar: This is a space for you to focus your energy and intention, or to draw inspiration from during the dance. Everyone is invited to bring something to place on or near the altar should they feel called.
4. Drumming: There are an assortment of drums/shakers available for you to play. You may borrow available instruments, or bring your own. Please attend children. The goal is to support the dancers by adding to the energy of the music. Sensitivity and awareness is key to holding the energy in the room...
Please stay attuned to cues from the DJ and/or facilitators.
5. Community networking area: This surface is set up so that we can get to know one another better. Bring your business cards and brochures, event flyers, freebies, etc. Please take a moment to look through the materials during the evening and collect anything of interest. Seek and ye shall find.
Guidelines and Tips
1. We kindly ask for no talking on the dance floor. This allows for people to go deeper into their Dance and connect with their journey through the elements. (Chat and conversation is welcome in the old library, outside, or *very* quietly just off the dance floor or tea area.)
2. Dance however you want. There is no right or wrong way. Listen to your body and move to the way it feels. Express who you are from the inside out.
3. Respect yourself as well as those around you. Please be mindful to make room for others as you move about the dance floor. Pay attention to your boundaries and the boundaries of others. Communicate through eye contact and body language. Be compassionate and aware. It is our highest intention that this dance is a safe space and sanctuary for community and individual self expression.
Suggestion: If you need space, or wish to disengage with another dancer, simply put your hands together in prayer pose and gently bow. This is a clear signal that you want to be in your own space. Mutual respect, always.
4. If you bring a child, please dance with them and engage. They learn by example, and we appreciate no running and/or yelling. Having 'smalls' attend this event is a blessing, and their added energy on the dance floor is such a boon to the community.
5. Bring extra water. This is mainly recommended for those who get very thirsty while exercising, or have a cold.
6. Wear clothes that make you feel good and are comfortable for dancing. Be expressive and colorful if you like, or just show up in your sweats. It's all good! Dancing barefoot or in socks is fine. Shoes are ok, but heavy tread shoes or heels are not allowed. Most dance shoes or slippers are great.
7. This is a Clean & Sober event. No drugs or alcohol of any kind, inside or outside of the body. Those who show up under the influence will be asked to leave. Thank you for honoring this healthy boundary.
8. Do not bring cameras. This includes cell phones (on/near the dance floor). Ask the organizers if you have questions about this policy.
9. ALL ages and genders are welcome.
10. Be yourself!
* Closing *
We end with a simple Heart Sharing, with a few words spoken by those who wish to speak about what they experienced, and any gratitudes, etc. There is also time allowed for community announcements just before we part. Remember you are free to bring flyers for your events and put them on the community networking table as well.