addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Developing with Data in San Francisco Message Board Call for Topics/Past Meetups › New Group Organizer - Taking suggestions for topics and volunteers for venues

New Group Organizer - Taking suggestions for topics and volunteers for venues

Chris F.
eAlchemist
Petaluma, CA

Hi All,

I missed the first and only meetup because it was in the middle of my first ever extended vacation. Data-driven applications are at the core of my business and something I'm quite passionate about. So, when our former leader stepped down, I stepped up.

I'm planning to jump on a Feb meeting in the next week. I could really use some help in the following areas:

• Venues - we need one or more places where we can host a minimum of 50 people
  • Topics - please submit topics you'd like to see discussed or presented at future events here­
  • Presenters - if you're interested in presenting on a topic relevant to the group, please let me know

I look forward to meeting many of you in the new year.

Until then,

Chris Farkas
Patrick M.
user 32186842
Santa Rosa, CA
Post #: 1
Hi Chris,

I work for Datastax and we could host a meetup and a talk on developing with Cassandra. Our office in San Mateo has a nice size auditorium and I have plenty of dev topics to present.

Let me know if this works!

Patrick
Chris F.
eAlchemist
Petaluma, CA
Post #: 12
Patrick,

Thanks for the offer. After we get results from the survey on where people would like to see events, I'll get in touch. Thanks for the generous offer. I look forward to meeting you at a future meetup.

Best,
Chris