Minecraft is a multi-player game about building and placing blocks in a three-dimensional environment. The game allows modifications (known as “mods”) that can change the game from what it was originally written. These mods can add content to the game to alter gameplay. For example, new blocks, mobs, and abilities of player can be added.
Have you always wondered what it takes to write these mods ? This brand new workshop is for you!
In this workshop we'll teach the kids on how to build Minecraft mods using Forge[masked]. Parents can observe from back of the room and are required to stay through out the duration of workshop.
• Each attendee must have a laptop (Windows or Mac only).
• At least 1GB of free disk space. If the laptop only has that much space, highly recommend freeing up some space for a better performance.
• 4GB of RAM would work, but 8GB is recommended. Higher memory will work, of course!
Software Installation: See comments for detailed instructions.
• Please make sure to bring a water bottle/snacks for the attendees.
• One registration will allow one kid to participate. Up to two additional guests are permitted for the additional amount per attendee. Parents are required to stay at the facility for the entire duration of the workspace and may observe from back of the room. There is wifi at the venue and so you may consider bringing your favorite device(s) to stay connected.
• Your meetup fees will cover the cost of a limited edition Devoxx4Kids t-shirt for the attendee.
Attending this meetup means you agree to media waiver (http://files.meetup.com/11434242/Images%2Band%2BVideos%2Bof%2BChildren%2BAgreement.pdf).
Donation to Charity: Devoxx4Kids is partnering with Unity Care and collecting gifts for foster kids. The suggested items are listed here (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bJz7WXaA4PG2HDvavK99f66CvqwO-25Q9yr-cAwyKw8/edit). It would be great if you can bring any item from the list and drop them during registration.
More details about other workshops on this weekend are available at http://www.devoxx4kids.org/usa/funfest-2014/ .