Scratch (scratch.mit.edu) makes it easy to create interactive stories, animations, games, music, and art, and share these creations on the web. You will create several fun and interesting Scratch programs. No programming experience or typing skill is required.
Presenters: Menka Gupta & Sanjana Shah
Suggested Grade level: 2+
• Each attendee must have a laptop (Windows or Mac only) with a browser that works with scratch.mit.edu (http://scratch.mit.edu/)
• Ensure you have an account, password at scratch.mid.edu (http://scratch.mid.edu/). You can create an account by clicking on "Join Now" link on that page.
• Please make sure to bring a water bottle/snacks for the attendees.
• One registration will allow one kid to participate. Up to two additional guests are permitted for the additional amount per attendee. Parents are required to stay at the facility for the entire duration of the workspace and may observe from back of the room. There is wifi at the venue and so you may consider bringing your favorite device(s) to stay connected.
• Your meetup fees will cover the cost of a limited edition Devoxx4Kids t-shirt for the attendee.
Attending this meetup means you agree to media waiver (http://files.meetup.com/11434242/Images%2Band%2BVideos%2Bof%2BChildren%2BAgreement.pdf).
Donation to Charity: Devoxx4Kids is partnering with Unity Care and collecting gifts for foster kids. The suggested items are listed here (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bJz7WXaA4PG2HDvavK99f66CvqwO-25Q9yr-cAwyKw8/edit). It would be great if you can bring any item from the list and drop them during registration.
More details about other workshops on this weekend are available at http://www.devoxx4kids.org/usa/funfest-2014/ .