Ever wanted to build your own iPhone app; well here is your chance!
In this class you will learn:
• How to create a simple game using Xcode, you will find out about different tools to build iOS apps, and the steps needed to publish an iOS app.
• How to switch between multiple screens, how to add images, and make a basic user interface.
This is a great way to be introduced into the world of iOS programming, and with all of these resources, you can continue to learn and build even more apps at home.
Age requirement: 10+
Skills: Attendees should know how to use a Mac and a basic understanding of coding.
• Make sure that if you have a Mac then bring it with Xcode installed and you should be willing to share your laptop with people who don’t have a Mac.
• Mac OS X Yosemite is required.
• Install Xcode as follows:
Open up Launchpad from your Mac
Open up the Mac App Store from Launchpad
Search for Xcode
Click on “Get”
Click on “Install App”
Enter in all information that is prompted
Once installed, launch Xcode using Spotlight. Click on "Xcode", "About", and check the minimum version of 6.0.
IMPORTANT: This is a multi GB download and install. Please make sure to install it at home prior to the workshop. No time will be spent at workshop for installation because of network bandwidth and time required. Instead you'll be asked to work with somebody else who have this installed already.
Attending this meetup means you agree to media waiver (http://files.meetup.com/11434242/Images%2Band%2BVideos%2Bof%2BChildren%2BAgreement.pdf).