Attending this meetup means you agree to media waiver (http://files.meetup.com/11434242/Waiver%20and%20Release%20of%20Liability.pdf).
Have you always wondered what it takes to write Minecraft mods ?
In this joint workshop with Silicon Valley JUG (http://www.meetup.com/sv-jug/events/222340177/), we'll teach kids how to build Minecraft mods using Forge 1.8. Parents can observe from back of the room and are required to stay through out the duration of workshop
• Each attendee must have a laptop (Windows or Mac only).
• At least 1GB of free disk space. If the laptop only has that much space, highly recommend freeing up some space for a better performance.
• 4GB of RAM would work, but 8GB is recommended. Higher memory will work, of course!
• Download and install JDK from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
• Download and install Eclipse from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/ , pick "Eclipse IDE for Java Developers"
• Download and unzip Forge 1.8 from http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.8-126.96.36.1991/forge-1.8-188.8.131.521-src.zip
• In the unzipped forge directory, give the command
./gradlew setupDecompWorkspace eclipse for Mac
gradlew setupDecompWorkspace eclipse for Windows.
The output should show BUILD SUCCESSFUL.
Please show up 30 mins before if you do not see the output.
• Please make sure to bring a water bottle/snacks for the attendees.
• One registration will allow one kid to participate. Parents are required to stay at the facility for the entire duration of the workspace and may observe from back of the room.