Hey you - yes you - do you like playing video or computer games? Well then how about learning to make your own? Come join us as we hang out for two hours and make some computer games with Greenfoot (http://www.greenfoot.org/door). Along the way you will learn about computer programming - make your computer do things you want. We will wrap up by showing you some places to go to talk with other people making games and more places to become a more powerful wizard! Be sure to bring a laptop - this will definitely be hands on.
→ View Presentation (https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1PoiCrUHN2pGDK2oodilAdZYpxCyac0Nuc0xuzYyeqIk/edit)
• You must be a kid, aged 9 - 18 (3rd grade through senior in high school).
• Each attendee must have a laptop (Windows, Mac or Linux).
• At least 1GB of free disk space. If the laptop only has that much space, highly recommend freeing up some space for a better performance.
• 4GB of RAM would work, but 8GB is recommended. Higher memory will work, of course!
• Download and install Greenfoot (http://www.greenfoot.org/download) on your laptop.
• Please make sure to bring a water bottle/snacks for the attendees.
• One registration will allow only one kid to participate. Parents are required to stay at the facility for the entire duration of the workshop and may observe from the back of the room. There is wifi and coffee at the venue.
• Your meetup fees will cover the cost of a limited edition Devoxx4Kids t-shirt for the attendee.