Dear Dharma Drink Friends,
2nd Session our of 6th.
So excited to read The Diamond Sutra! It is one of the most important sutras in the Mahayana scripture and practice. Did you know that the OLDEST printed book is the Diamond Sutra? It is dated at 868AD, May 11th. Per British Library: "the earliest complete survival of a dated printed book
Book Title / Translator: The Diamond Sutra / Thich Nhat Hanh
We will be reading the book translation and commentary done by Thich Nhat Hanh. What more do we need so say! But in case you don't know who he is, please see the wiki link below.
This book club is meant for us to read the sutra and help each other where we can. This is NOT a book club for us to expound. For deeper learning, you can seek out centers that are giving Dharma talks on this sutra.
This book has less than 120 pages. We will now cover
We’ll start with a bigger reading up front followed by smaller reading per session after as we dig deeper. We like to finish this sutra in 4 - 5 sessions, estimating less than 2 months. Everyone MUST pre-read before participating.
READING: Read through Chapter 12 (slightly diff paper back vs pdf)
- Part Two - Language of Non-Attachment
- Part Three partial read through Ch 12
HOMEWORK: Come with 2 questions or comments & 1 favorite quote.
Many links below for acquiring and info on the book plus wiki on TNH or Thay.
- - - Where to get the book - - -
1) Free PDF: https://terebess.hu/zen/mesterek/Thich%20Nhat%20Hanh%20-%20The%20Diamond%20That%20Cuts%20Through%20I.pdf
2) Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935209442/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
3) B&N: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-diamond-that-cuts-through-illusion-thich-nhat-hanh/1122985915?ean=9781935209447
- - - - Description of book - - -
- - - In case you don't know who Thich Nhan Haht