~*~*~* ~*~*~* ~*~*~* ~*~*~* ~*~*~* ~*~*~* ~*~*~*
This is NOT a dating / singles / hookup / networking / business solicitation group.
~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~* ~*~*~* ~*~*~* ~*~*~* ~*~*~*
We have tried to make the below information comprehensive; please read fully before you ask a question!
*** What are the games played? ***
The list of games owned by members who frequent game nights is here: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/148417/bangalore-board-game-night-games/
Note that not all games are available at each game night, but we typically have between 12-15 games available on any given game night. Feel free to bring your own to teach us!
Games can last anywhere from 20 minutes to 3 hours and when a game ends, we switch tables and start up a new game.
*** I have never played or even heard of these games. Can I still come? ***
Yes! The group is newcomer friendly. We have a good number of games and invariably there is at least one newcomer at the table, so normally the rules are explained before every game starts.
That said, game complexity ranges widely. So before joining a game, ask the person who brought the game or whoever explains the rules how easy or complex the game is. If you feel the game complexity is not to your taste, feel free to join another game table.
*** Can I bring child(ren)? ***
The games we play are significantly more complex than what children typically enjoy (Snakes & Ladders, Ludo etc.) and hence children are not the target segment for this meetup. The minimum age to understand and enjoy the games we play is around 15.
*** The Venue ***
http://goo.gl/maps/y877H is accurate and will help you figure out the location and directions.
Ocean restaurant offers drinks and a multi-cuisine dinner menu in a comfortable air-conditioned environment. Since we are using their space, please be considerate and order something.
Do note that there is no valet or reserved parking at Ocean. You will need to park on the street or adjacent lanes.
Once you reach Ocean, make your way to the Bistro on the 3rd floor, which is where we play.
The billing is dutch; don't forget to pay your share before you leave. Ocean accepts credit cards and Sodexo meal pass coupons in addition to cash.
*** Timings ***
We start at 7.30 pm but you are free to come in whenever convenient. Although, if you come late, you may have to wait till a new game starts. You can also leave whenever you want, but please do not leave midway through a game you start playing. We normally close by around 10.30 pm.
*** Are there any club rules? ***
• Respect the games – don't touch game pieces with greasy fingers, don’t bend cards or place them on wet surfaces, do pick any game pieces that fall on the floor etc.
• Help pack the game after playing. Ensure that all components get packed. Many games become unplayable if even a single piece goes missing.
• Help make the meetup profitable for the venue – order something to eat & drink and don’t forget to pay your bill before leaving.
• Play to win. Don’t let your personal relationship with another player interfere with fair play.
• Always finish a game you begin; do not leave a game mid-way. Even if you are losing, play for style points!
• Be attentive and patient when rules are explained.
• Make all moves in full view of other players (unless rules state otherwise).
• Avoid holding up game play for long durations: don’t consistently take longer than average to decide your move or leave the table for a long phone call / chat.
• Win gracefully & lose without whining – it’s just a game anyway.
*** Donations ***
There is a donation of Rs. 100/- per person per meetup. This amount will be used to pay meetup related costs, to buy new / replacement games (as frequently used games suffer wear and tear etc.)
*** Contact ***
The restaurant telephone number is 080-41435673. Please do not ask for the personal numbers of the meeting host(s).