addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Disneyland Fan Club Meetup Group Message Board › Walt's Red Barn

Walt's Red Barn

Christopher
user 13734215
Woodland Hills, CA
Post #: 2
Walt's Red Barn, where Disneyland was "born," is up at Griffith Park and there is fun stuff to do there like seeing Walt's original tools and workshop, the original Carolwood Express train layout, some original rolling stock and great exhibits. Sometimes Imagineers like Bob Gurr (who designed the Autopia and Monorail) show up and share their experiences at the Park. On the web site it's mentioned that the Red Barn is the only FREE Disney experience in the world. (They do take voluntary donations.)

A Disneyland Fan Club member, Christopher, is going to be at the Barn on July 21 at noon, and would welcome group members to join him there for an afternoon of fun activities including riding the Live Steamers' scale steam trains. Other great things nearby include Travel Town, an outdoor museum featuring historic full scale engines and rolling stock. Please join in the discussion and let's talk about this fun event!
Rob H.
user 7122737
Group Organizer
Fullerton, CA
Post #: 99
I've sent out an email about this to the membership. Here's a link to the Red Barn's official website: http://carolwood.com/...­
Christopher
Triumphant
Pasadena, CA
Post #: 2
Just read the email Rob! Thank you and sounds like fun. I will try to make it there as I have a prior engagement that morning. =) Thanks for sharing again!
Denise
cheyna_gal
Irvine, CA
Post #: 20
Wish I could join you, but plans already! Keep me posted for next time please!
A former member
Post #: 1
I would definitely love to come! Afternoon is better...
Stan
user 8046329
Irvine, CA
Post #: 31
Sounds like fun. Willing to take a carpool.
Beth
user 9853610
Sunset Beach, CA
Thanks for sharing this!! It sounds fabulous and I wish I could join, but I will be out of town that weekend. Hopefully we can do it again at another date.
Richard A.
user 2971757
Ventura, CA
This sounds GREAT!
As a long-time fan of 'feroequinology' (iron horses), I have for several years wanted to tour and ride the live steam models at Grffth Park. I did not know about their tie to Disney's Red Barn until now. As a newer member of the Fan Club, having attended the "Dapper Dinner" at Club 33, and having met so many fascinating Club members there, I look forward to this opportunity to meet and fellowship with many more. Count me in.
-Richard
Lady E.
user 24610182
Ventura, CA
Post #: 9
I'll be there!
A former member
Post #: 57
Count me in!! I will bring my daughter and kids and make a day of it!