We are going to kayak or water taxi down Pitt lake 30 km and truck or bike up to the hot springs 22 km and camp overnight then return in the next day using the same method we got there
Now the water taxi cost is 350 dollars each way so 700 dollars he can fit 10 people so that’s 70 dollars each if you kayak no cost
The truck up cost is 80 dollars return so an additional 12 dollars if you bring a bike it’s free
I have room for up to 5 kayakers in my kayaks or you can bring your own
You will need a tent, a heavy sleeping bag for cold minus 10 degrees min and an air mattress or something to keep you off the lumpy ground
The hot springs will be warm but the tents will be cold at night
I have extra tents and some sleeping bags
Text me at[masked]
Now if it’s pouring rain and a huge storm I might cancel otherwise light rain and cloudy the event is on
You are expected to follow Leave No Trace principles.
Attendees should be properly prepared (ie. by carrying the "10 Essentials").
Please bring the following:
Micro spikes probably not needed
Headlamp (extra batteries)
Layered and extra clothing
Sunscreen and bear spray (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
First aid supplies
• All participants in our club activities are entirely responsible for their own safety.
• Please come prepared for the season and the hike– wear sufficient layers, water proof boots, jacket and pants, snowshoe, bug spray, plenty of water etc
.• If you RSVP yes and then must cancel, please update your RSVP immediately, so we don't wait for you.
CARPOOLING POLICY: 1. Carpooling requests should be made by comment with your RSVP.
2. Please remember to reimburse your driver. The suggested rate is $5 per passenger per hour of driving time, and up to $8 per hour on rough logging roads, and in adverse conditions, at the discretion of the driver. This helps to cover fuel, maintenance and wear and tear
3. If the trip is less than one hour, please pay your driver $5 regardless.
4. Unless you have made one-way arrangement in advance with the driver, your return trip should be paid in advance, at the start of the trip. You should not expect a refund if you cancel your ride home.
5. Please put muddy hiking boots in a clean plastic bag and change into runners after the event/activity.
LEGAL INFORMATION, LIABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are a group composed of volunteers. The organizer and any/all assistant organizers and other attendees are in no way responsible and liable for your personal safety and health state, before, during and at anytime after this event. By RSVPing "Yes", for this event, you acknowledge that you fully understand and accept the aforementioned conditions and following event attendance conditions and, you are solely responsible for your own health, safety and well-being before, during and at anytime after the event as stated previously.
Please read the waiver https://www.meetup.com/Divine-North-Vancouver-Hiking-Spiritual-Meetup/
All attendees shall forever hold harmless the organizers and other attendees and unconditionally waive any liabilities resulting from attending and/or participating in this event.
Not a beginner event do not over estimate your abilities!