addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Doctor Who Fans Unite Message Board › End of Time TONIGHT on BBC America

End of Time TONIGHT on BBC America

DoctorWhoFansUnite...
DRWhoFansUnite
Group Organizer
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 50
Just wanted to let everyone know that Part 1 of End Of Time will be airing at 8 pm tonight on BBC America. It aired yesterday in the UK and the BBC was finally nice enough to release it to the US in a timely manner.

In January we will be showing both parts 1 & 2 at the Drafthouse, we are in the process of designing new t-shirts that will feature The End Of Time.

Happy Holidays everyone!
Greg M.
user 10295917
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 4
So, why is it that Catherine Tate was not affected by the Master's takeover? It was hinted that she still has remnants of the Doctor in her. Anybody have any theories? I thought that had all been expunged from her because she would die or lose her mind.
A former member
Post #: 361
Great question - Do not know the answer. I do like this last show "End of Time" vs. the "Water of Mars" much better.
A former member
Post #: 5
I thought the Doctor just suppressed all her memories of him and those events. He told her family that she could never be reminded of any of it or she'd remember. If she remembers, she dies.
Monica
user 7736896
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 16
So, why is it that Catherine Tate was not affected by the Master's takeover? It was hinted that she still has remnants of the Doctor in her. Anybody have any theories? I thought that had all been expunged from her because she would die or lose her mind.

I thought that it was a might bit odd that she was the only one left unaffected (except for her grandfather) when the Master took over the world. The only explanation would be is that she is no longer fully human. Remember, she's the 'DoctorDonna', a human with the mind of a time lord.

The memories of the doctor were never really removed, just suppressed only to be unlocked if Donna were to remember anything of her pass life.

The gate was set to overlay humans only, also leaving the two cacti unaffected. And I imagine if Capt. Jack had remained on Earth, he too would be unaffected...and still very, very cute.

- Monica
A former member
Post #: 3
There was such a finality to this episode, as if the entire series were ending. After all it is just a season finale. How many other Doctors were allowed to go to their past companions and say goodbye? After Sarah Jane, I was half expecting Susan to show up.

I think they went so far out to make it a great exit for David Tennant that they forgot Matt Smith is coming back next season to continue the adventures of Doctor Who as the 12th Doctor. (Has everyone, even the producers forgotten that the 10th Doctor regenerated into the 11th Doctor who didn't change appearance because of his severed hand in The Stolen Earth/Journeys End?)

Poor Matt, he already had such big shoes to fill, but after that ending, he's got even more to live up to.
A former member
Post #: 363
I totally agree with Tony - Come on it's not the end of Dr Who just the end of A Doctor. Which David Tennant is not my fav. of the 2 new Doctors Christopher Eccleston was far better, and deserve MORE than 1 **** year.