For those interested in getting together with other amateur musicians? The aim of this group is to help amateur musicians be they total beginners or experts.
• Singers, songwriters and instrumentalist looking to get together to perform projects.
• Did you play flugel horn/guitar years ago and would like to get back into something?
• Music organisations who help amateur musicians improve their musical skills either through regular rehearsals or workshops.
• Have an instrument sat at home and need an incentive to practice? We have four bands at present, the last hour of rehearsals is an open session that is open to all members of DAMM - whatever your musical background/ability.
• We are open to new ideas so if you feel like forming a band or music group come along and let's talk.
“ Only had my guitar 8 months, so was nervous to attend a session....found it great fun and was welcomed and joined in..loved it.."
“ If you're at all nervous about coming and playing or singing with others, whatever your instrument and whatever your standard, then don't be. This is a great group with welcoming musicians and once you've been you'll want to keep coming back. ”
“ What a great bunch! I came along for my first session about 6 weeks ago. I was really nervous but the guys welcomed me in like old friends. I got straight into singing and felt at ease."