addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Do Stuff Austin! Message Board › Any Alamo Drafthouse Fans?

Any Alamo Drafthouse Fans?

Jeff
user 13474783
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 1

Howdy out there,

Looking for interested persons, peoples, parties for Alamo's special event showings...

Most especially....
--Sing alongs
--Quote alongs
--Master Pancake

and more Alamo Ritz Website

:0)
Murali
user 12325132
Austin, TX
I've done the Master Pancake before and had a blast. I have yet to try the sing along or quote along but would be interested in doing that at some point.
Steve G.
user 3728079
Austin, TX
Post #: 8
I've done two so far, the Shaun of the dead quote along and rocky horror. I plan on doing more of these depending on turnout and what the Alamo as showing. I'm not that big on the sing along's myself so unless there as a big demand I tend to over look them.

Also note that it is hard to meet people at an Alamo showing, it is usually good to have some kind of get together either before or after the show.
A former member
Post #: 23
I have not done Master Pancake or a Sing along but I REALLY REALLY WANT TOO! So I am sooo in!
Steve G.
user 3728079
Austin, TX
Post #: 9
Also, if something is showing at the Alamo that you want to do post it here.
A former member
I love the Alamo!
Jeff
user 13474783
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 2
Posted the idea to the Ideas page for a Xmas Pops Sing Along with Caroling along 6th street after the show.

The Idea

Meet at one of local establishments on 6th about 1 to 2 hours before showtime before getting in line for seats. Enjoy & participate in a great show. Then go caroling along 6th street with other audience members.

Choices for dates & times so far are:
Sunday, December 12, 2010 7:00p,
Thursday, December 16, 2010 9:45p,
Sunday, December 19, 2010 7:00p,
Thursday, December 23, 2010 9:30p.

Definitely recommend purchasing tickets in advance.

To get in the mood with the season, can also dress to fit...santa hats, reindeer antlers, jingle bells, xmas sweaters, twinkle lights, tinsel. If interested, what date/time works best for you?

Here's a link to event details: Alamo Site
A former member
Post #: 3
Love this place. Is anyone going to the Battle of the Animal Bands on 2/12?? http://www.originalal...­