The JAX Fire Dragons 2016
• Space Coast DB Festival, April 16 - JFD women's team, CHIX with Stix, win gold; mixed crew, bronze
• Tampa DB Festival, April 30 - CHIX were 4th losing a bronze by 49/100's of a second!
• Mt. Dora, DB Festival, June 5 - Mixed crew wins bronze
• Weirsdale DB Festival, July 9 - JFD women and mixed crews each win silver
• Beaufort, SC DB Festival, September 3 - JFD mixed crew wins gold and Festival Championship!
• Jacksonville DB Festival, September 26 - CHIX with Stix wins gold and CwS Too wins silver
• Orlando DB Festival, October 15 - CHIX with Stix take bronze and the mixed take 4th place out of 75 teams competing
Fitness, kayaking, social, team, outdoor activity, full body workout, traveling team
The JAX Fire Dragons, founded in May 2012, are the oldest and most dominant dragon boat racing club in North Florida. We are comprised of 60+ members, including US Dragon Boat Federation certified coaches and National Team USA members. We race each season in 10 or more Dragon Boat festivals where we have proven ourselves to be one of Florida's top teams and a consistent medal winner. We have represented the U.S. Southeast Regional Dragon Boat Association at the 2014 World Club Crew Championship in Italy and will be working hard to qualify as the Region's representative again at the 2018 Championship in Hungary. It is this kind of dedicated training and experience that has helped to make us the quality organization we are today.
We invite all types of paddlers to join our crews: competitive mixed, competitive all women, recreational, breast cancer survivors and youth. Our very experienced coaching staff will teach you proper stroke technique, injury avoidance, race strategies and specialized physical conditioning for our sport.
We supply the training, the boats, paddles, and life jackets. Just bring yourself and some water and be prepared to burn up to 1,000 calories per practice for a great full body workout! Waiver and info sheet must be signed before you can get on a boat.
We do have operating costs that include insurance, equipment, maintenance, SRDBA fees, etc. but our fees are very affordable and your first 3 practices are free. What have you got to lose? Come out and get bit by the dragon!