This course is designed for beginners who have little knowledge in Mandarin, would like a little guidance in finding out what Mandarin is about, and who would like to explore their interest in the language. Through taking this course you will build up the basics of the Mandarin language enough to be able to hold simple conversations and understand simple written sentences.
PS. If you are not sure which level you are at, please feel free to get in touch via inbox and we will arrange a free assessment for you.
PPS. We also organize regular social events including pub night outs, dinners, and karaokes, especially when it comes to Chinese festivals!
1. The content of this course will be taken from (but not limited to) HSK, an official curriculum set out by Beijing Language and Culture University, which covers the most useful and basic vocabulary and grammar you need in daily conversations.
2. 1.5 hours duration gives you a decent amount of time to learn and practice.
3. You will learn the language from native Mandarin speakers with proper accent.
With the goal to enable you to hold basic conversations in Mandarin, our weekly lessons will cover:
1. Topic based vocabulary and grammar. Within a year, you will grasp:
• Pronunciation and recognition of over 300 most commonly used simplified Chinese characters
• How to put them into sentences and daily conversations.
2. Regular revision. Looking back to what you have already learnt will only take a little time but help you to truly internalise the language.
3. Social activities ranging from hotpot eating to karaoke singing and anything else you fancy!
Although each lesson is independent - as we will always be teaching you new vocabulary and grammar points - the more lessons you attend, the more likely you will be able to connect the dots together!
We look forward to seeing you then:)
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.