addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Dream Research and Lucid Dreams Message Board › Fulfilling Your Dreams

Fulfilling Your Dreams

Jeff T.
JeffTeach
Group Organizer
New Orleans, LA
AT LAST!!! I had a more vivid dream life last night. How'd I do it? Meditation, special herbs, dream incubation? All good techniques, but no, and you'll laugh when you hear it...

I went to bed earlier than usual. That's right - a simple practice. Because lately I haven't been remembering my dreams, or else I have remembered just a snippet or two. Last night, I went to bed at about 10:30 pm. (That's way early for me, as anyone who knows me can tell you, LOL.) I woke up at 3:30 am and remembered a dream, considered getting up anyway, then realized I could go back to sleep and dream some more. This situation repeated again at 6:30 am and then I woke up for good at 7:30. Not only am I happy that I had more dreams than usual, but I am feeling more refreshed and awake than usual.

One more thing about lucid dreaming that is staying with me today, too. Of course I want to be lucid in my dream life so I have more control of my environment and self-fulfillment, but today I am also especially aware that I want to be "lucid" in my waking life to attain those same goals. If the question to remember to ask myself in a dream is "Am I dreaming?" then the question to ask myself during the day is "Am I awakened?"

Namaste,
- Jeff Teachworth, Dream Weaver

Here's a little treat from YouTube

Here's our discussion board: Dream Group Discussion
Greg
user 10245360
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 2
That' great to hear, Jeff! Isn't it amazing how a few dreams can direct the tone of the day ahead? I've noticed that whenever I have a lucid dream, the day ahead feels wonderful and fulfilling. They're such a great reminder of the senses of power and confidence that are sometimes forgotten. It amazes me how dreaming and waking realities are so intertwined, and each affects the other in numerous ways whether or not we are aware of it.

It seems like my batting average on dream recall has recently suffered due to my irregular sleeping patterns, so I'll definitely try to get back to my normal pattern and see what turns up. I've still recalled a few interesting dreams here and there that I'll love to share at our next meet up.

An interesting theory that I've heard lately is that not only do we all have lucid dreams and OBEs but we have them every night. The true problem lies in recalling these experiences. I've also read from one source that a true OBE does not have to start with the act of witnessing the spirit leaving the body. A true OBE is basically any experience that involves the usage of our full, waking consciousness and faculties within our sleep. With this definition I came to the realization that many of my dreams in the past have been OBEs. I recently had an incredible experience where I felt my waking, conscious mind present within the dream, and I felt that I was entering back into my body just as the entire dream ended. I considered it to be an OBE not only because of how I felt in the dream, but also because in the dream/OBE I interacted with a cousin of mine and consulted her about a personal problem that I was not entirely aware of in waking consciousness!

Here is a little article entitled, "Becoming a Dream-Art Scientist." It scratches the surface of the some of the concepts I have been exploring with my own adventures in lucid dreaming and OBEs. As I mentioned earlier, I can't wait for our next meeting to discuss our experiences!

Greg Gomez
Dream-Art Scientist

P.S. My copy of "Juliet of the Spirits" should be coming in today from Netflix!