• What we'll do
You can go a long way using Drupal core, contributed modules and themes. But just how far? Let's find out. Drupal Providence presents the Back to Basics Challenge. An exploration of building a Drupal website without any custom code. Pick a project to work on over the next month. Maybe that blog you've meant to start since forever or a small website for that organization you know could use it. Keep your Drupal tool bag of modules and templates in the closet.
- Use the current version of Drupal (8.4.x)
- Use any core and experimental modules
- Limit yourself to four additional contributed modules
- No custom code
- Use contributed or Drupal provided theme
- No additional theming (this is a hard one)
Share your results at the next meetup on Feburary 20, 2018. During the meet up we will talk about:
1. Areas where people had success and struggled.
2. What decisions had to be made when selecting four additional contributed modules
3. What did you learn
4. What could be improved in the Drupal world to make the challenge easier
• What to bring
Bring your computers with your Back to Basics Drupal site and also any questions for Stephen Cross!
• Important to know
We will have food and refreshments available for all attendees.