Join us as John Picozzi, Senior Drupal Architect at Oomph, Inc, presents his DrupalCon presentation on translations with Drupal 8.
This live demo will be something of a working session where we will use a local Drupal environment to show the following three things:
- How to get Drupal Multilingual setup from a basic Drupal 8 Install
- How to translate Items using Drupal’s built-in Translation System.
- How to integrate with a translation service like Lingotek to do easy machine translation
To participate with this talk you should have the following:
Whatever local environment you want (MAMP, Vagrant, etc)
- A base Drupal install built with Drupal Composer
- If you're more comfortable using Drush feel free!
- A basic knowledge of Drupal 8 and how to install modules via Composer
The above are not needed if you just want to come, watch and ask questions. However, if you would like to leave with a fully working (hopefully) translation demo you can show your friends, come prepared!
Food and beverages will be available for all attendees.