Managing configuration in Drupal 8 has become much easier with the introduction of configuration management. In this talk, we will review “good practices” Oomph has established for configuration management, what tools we use on all of our Drupal 8 projects and how to use them. We will also discuss how configuration management ties into a Continuous Integration pipeline using Github and Travis-CI.
We will discuss the following list of modules:
- Configuration Manager
- Configuration Split
- Configuration Read-only mode
- Configuration Installer
What you can expect to learn from this talk:
- Automating configuration management in a Continuous Integration pipeline
- How to export and import configuration in Drupal 8
- How to manage configuration in version control
- How to manage configuration for multiple environments
- How to install a new instance of Drupal with a set of existing configuration
This talk is for all skill levels and aims to make everyone’s life easier through the magic of Drupal Configuration Management. We look forward to sharing our experience with you and answering any questions you may have.
Featured image: https://flic.kr/p/CtMkBs