addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

DuPage Animal Rights and Welfare Initiative Message Board › Vegan & Vegan friendly Suburban restaurants

Vegan & Vegan friendly Suburban restaurants

Gill
user 6887460
Aurora, IL
Post #: 2
Hi,
I have a few favorites, do you?
The Vegan Cafe/AKA Thanks Jordan in Lockport , IL: ALL Vegan & Raw, yummy, healthy food & if you volunteer you get to learn all their secrets & have tons of fun plus get a free meal :)

O Mango in Naperville, IL: Not ALL Vegan, but they have many Vegan options. I really like their dosa stuffed with peas & potatoes, & their uttapam, offered on weekends. fairly inexpensive & healthier options.

Tandoor Hut in Naperville, IL: authentic Indian food, I LOVE their samosas & they have at least one or two vegan options daily plus next door is Masalas & More for your Awesome Vegan Indian groceries!

Whole Foods in Naperville: Many Vegan options including convenience foods like their Oh SO good Vegan Buffalo chikn bites at the deli counter or Vegan thincrust pizza (multigrain & gluten free are available) or the only Vegan deepdish pizza I have ever had available in individual (which feed 2) or large pan, Yum!! Wed. is thin crust pizza special day & Friday is deepdish special day!

More to come. Where do you like to go??
A former member
Post #: 41
In the burbs, my fave is Thanks Jordan Foundation in Lockport with their organic and non-GMO store 2 door down! I have been to Borrowed Earth in Downers Grove, but prefer the food at Thanks Jordan. I'll add O Mango and Tandoor Hut to my list. Thanks. Oh, also, I went to Harvest House in Palos around 127th and Harlem a few weeks ago. They have a separate veg/vegan menu and their food is delish and not overpriced. If you can get past their speech at the start about the grass-fed beef, you will enjoy their vegan options. I made it very clear that I didn't want to hear about their animal products.