addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Dubai Board Gamers Message Board › Board game in Dubai and board game shop

Board game in Dubai and board game shop

Michele
user 2774027
Firenze, FI
Post #: 1
Hi there...

I'll be living in Dubai till the end of the december...

I was quite happy to find this group since I'm a quite heavy gamer....but I noticed that the main game meetings are based in Abudabi.. :-(

I was also looking for some board game shop in the city..but as far as I went looking into google I could not find anything...

I was looking for strategy (medium heavy) game such as Caylus, powergrid etc..

Does someone know a place in town where I can Buy this sort of games?

I currently live in downtown... do you think I can find something at the dubai mall?

thanks

Bye

Mike
A former member
Post #: 11
Hi Mike.

It looks like you've found the meetup scheduled for the 18th. Hopefully we can get regular events happening in downtown Dubai since there's now a couple of us living here.
At the medium-heavy end of the spectrum, I have Powergrid (& lots of expansions), Age of Steam (& lots of expansions) and Vanuatu. I also have several wargames & hybrid wargames (eg Maria, Eclipse, Twilight Struggle) if they're your style.

There aren't many options for buying games in Dubai. Most people bring them in from elsewhere. The only real option to buy games here is Kinokuniya (the big book shop on Level 2) in Dubai Mall which has a small collection of games from Mayfair, Days of Wonder and Fantasy Flight.

Cheers,
Duncan
Michele
user 2774027
Firenze, FI
Post #: 2
Hi Duncan!

I'm super cool with all kind of game.. I love powergrid and also all german strategy game style I can think of (I love kinda of game like puertorico to le havre caylus....)... In general I like any kind of game...

You do have eclipse? http://boardgamegeek....­

I was really crazy this year cos I could not make it to hessen and try this game! I'd love to try it but I need to study rules!

I'll try to go to the mall to see if I can spot something in Kinokuniya

see you the 18th!
A former member
Post #: 12
You do have eclipse? http://boardgamegeek....­

Yes I do have Eclipse, but I haven't played it yet. I wont suggest it for the 18th since I need to get through the rules and play a few turns before introducing it a larger group.
Since you're local, perhaps we could get together next week to puzzle it out. We can chat on the 18th about dates/times.

Cheers, Duncan
Michele
user 2774027
Firenze, FI
Post #: 3
yea! that would be great!
A former member
Post #: 13
For those still looking to buy boardgames in Dubai, I noticed that Kinokuniya have massively expanded thier range of boardgames. Opposite the cafe in the store they now have a couple of aisles of boardgames. That's at least 200 different boardgames.
Judging by the selection, thier buyer is obviously aware of boardgamegeek.com... they seem to have the Top 20 from that website covered.
I'm not associated with them at all and the pricing is, unsurprisingly, quite a bit more than you would pay in Europe or the USA.
A former member
Hi all,

I'm looking for a group to play boardgames in Dubai.

Are you interested?
Thanks
Ciao
Madhuri
user 12649196
Dubai, AE
Hi,

Yes I am interested to play Boardgames in Dubai.

Regards
Madhuri
A former member
Post #: 2
I live here in Dubai Marina since August, but don't have any boardgame here.

Do you have some?
A former member
I'm interested in board games too... I have Cranium. I have other none board game games too such as Fluxx, catchphrase, taboo, and scattergories.