#ODSC brings together the Dublin data science community with the goal of helping its members learn and network around the latest topics and trends in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.
We are looking for volunteers and contributors in Dublin to help grow the community. ODSC will host speakers, food, and a venue if necessary. Many of our top volunteers get an all expenses paid trip to ODSC data science conferences in either London, San Francisco, Boston or other events. If you are interested in helping out, please click here (https://goo.gl/forms/jYViH8Nezy45MADu2).
Who is this meetup for?
• Data Scientist, Data engineers, analysts, and other data practitioners
• Software engineers, software architects and other looking to implement machine learning in their code
• Non-technical team leads, executives, and other decision makers
• Companies, startups and others looking to leverage data science to grow their business
• Nonprofits, NGOs, government agencies and others seeking to use Data Science for Good
Speaker: Ben Duffy, Data Scientist at Accenture, Co-Founder and Researcher at The M Tank
Introduction to Reinforcement Learning
6:30pm - 7:00pm - ODSC Intro, Pizza & Refreshments
7:00pm - 7:50pm - Talk
7:50pm - 8:00pm - Q&A
8:00pm - 8:30pm - Networking
Ben Duffy is a Computer Engineer/Data Scientist with experience in Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing and Reinforcement Learning, from both research and engineering standpoints. Together with the MTank team, he keeps up to date with the very frontier of research within these and related domains. By being fanatically obsessed with both the big picture view and specific details of how AI is progressing, he strives to impart this knowledge to the general public.
Reinforcement Learning (RL), the field of sequential decision making, has evolved significantly within the last few years, achieving super-human performance in solving complex board games (AlphaGo -> AlphaGoZero -> AlphaZero), 2D (Atari) and 3D games (Doom, Quake, StarCraft). But this is not just about games, this is about solving arbitrary problems with truly general algorithms. Fully dedicated to this pursuit, there is a huge research community involved with the ultimate goal of creating an "artificial general intelligence".
This talk will give an overview of the main breakthroughs, paradigms, formulations and obstacles within RL to quickly get you up to speed with where the field currently is and where it is going.
Ben with the team at MTank created unique resources and reference material for anyone who wants to discover the changes happening at lightning pace within AI.
Our new venue have the capacity for up to 150 seats now.
• Get free access to more talks like this at LearnAI:
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OPENDATASCI/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/odsc & @odsc
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/open-data-science/
• East Conference Apr 30 - May 3: https://odsc.com/boston
• Europe Conference Nov 19 - 22: https://odsc.com/london