Hi there devops and SREs of any kind!
We are finally announcing our October meetup, that we hope will be full of great content.
Talks are scheduled to start at 6:30pm sharp. Venue doors will be open from ~ 6pm so everyone can make it on time, and start socialising and nibling, as usual.
This will be the event line up:
• “Using MapReduce to power full-text search” by Ryan Park (https://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanpark/) - Storage Operations Manager @ Slack.
"Full-text search is the *killer feature* of the Slack messaging app, but indexing got tough as the index exceeded 100TB. Slack solved those pain points by rebuilding Solr indexes from scratch every week, using a MapReduce job in their data warehouse. Ryan will share some of Slack's problems operating Solr, and how the new setup helps with those."
• "Lean web operations — Planning for the Unpredictable" by Jochen Lilich (https://www.linkedin.com/in/lillich/), IT Operations Black Belt @ freistil IT.
"What we've learned about keeping our work in flow despite constant interruptions and conflicting priorities."
• "Growing big with Cassandra" by Horatiu Muresan - Senior Devops @ Zendesk.
"Brief introduction to the world of Cassandra, key features, scalability, use cases, examples and lessons learned about it at Zendesk."
• "Pick up (&) Go" by Viktor Vad (https://www.linkedin.com/in/viktorvad/), Software Engineer @ Rapid Ratings International.
"My story about why I keep looking at other languages."
- You can read our code of conduct here (http://confcodeofconduct.com/).
- Pizza/Beers/Networking galore will be available!
- The event will be recorded and streamed via Youtube Live stream - only if we can: [link to come]
- If you want to talk online about this upcoming meetup, please use the hashtag #DevOpsDublin.
Come and enjoy the party dudettes and dudes!
Alberto and Cassiano.