This talk will be given by Hugh McBride, Big Data Analytics Developer & Hadoop Consultant.
• The state of Big Data and Hadoop till early 2013 i.e the different components Hive , Pig , HBase , HDFS , Map / Reduce etc and what they are use for .
• The pros and cons of the current system
• What is Apache Spark , how is it different
• A lightening tour of Scala
• Downloading Spark
• Intro to Spark and the Spark REPL
• Basic Spark ,
• Spark SQL
• A Simple Spark MLib example
• Setting up a Spark dev environment (Stand alone) , and debugging programs
• Setting up a simple spark cluster on Amazon EC2
• Running Spark Application in Clustered Mode