In-person events will remain canceled until further notice. Please subscribe to the eMinder for the latest updates.
11 June 2020 Update:
Dulles Triangles members and friends,
We continue to experience an exceptionally trying time due to the novel coronavirus pandemic. Virginia’s governor, Ralph Northam, has recently issued updated guidance and guidelines for the Commonwealth as our situation with testing, confirmed cases, and deaths continues to evolve. The Northern Virginia area enters “Phase 2” on Friday, June 12, 2020.
During Tuesday's news briefing, Northam said the decision was made due to the Commonwealth’s “health metrics […] looking positive.” Positive tests for COVID-19 infection are at about 10% and “trending downward,” he said.
Venues that can open under Phase 2 restrictions include museums, zoos, aquariums, botanical gardens; and venues offering outdoor concerts, sporting events, and performing arts. Both indoor and outdoor swimming pools can now allow exercise classes, diving, and swimming instructions.
After review and discussion among the Board, we have resolved that Dulles Triangles will begin lifting some of our activity restrictions—however, we will continue to follow governmental COVID-19 restriction guidelines. The Board will continue to monitor the situation and make decisions based on those guidelines. We are currently in contact with different venues where we gathered previously as a group. We are engaged in discussions to confirm what their restrictions are for any type of socializing. Once we have that information, we will post and notify in all our communications.
Below are some of the Phase 2 updates:
• Stay-at-home for vulnerable populations only
• No social gatherings of more than 50 people
• Continued social distancing
• Face coverings recommended in public
• Further easing of business limitations
• All businesses still adhere to physical distancing guidelines; frequently clean and sanitize high contact surfaces; and continue enhanced workplace safety measures.
• Overnight summer camps, most indoor entertainment venues, amusement parks, fairs, and carnivals remain closed in Phase 2.
• Phase 2 guidelines for religious services, non-essential retail, and personal grooming services remain the same as Phase 1.
Dulles Triangles is THE social club for area gay, lesbians, bisexuals, transgendered, their family and friends. We offer an alternative SOCIAL outlet for GLBT folks with a wide variety of activities such as: parties, happy hours, movies, theater, dinner, travel, tours, sporting events, camping... pretty much whatever our members can think of! (oh yeah... we like to have fun!)