After a writing break, the meetup continues :)
Content of the first meetup:
History of Evolutionary Thought
Selection of Systems
Evolution as Waves
The Evolution of Attention
The Rise of the Primates
A Glimpse into the Brain
Creating a Body Schema
The Theory of Mind
Basics of Philosophy
Theories of Consciousness
The Search for Consciousness
The Loop of Consciousness
The Attention and Awareness Schema Theories
Building a Conscious Mind
Some major changes to the format:
- Online via Zoom. Given the current crisis and contact limitations, the meetup will be held online. This also offers the opportunity to present the ideas for a wider audience and for people currently not in Düsseldorf.
- Public. The presentation and discussion will be recorded and put online. There will be private breakout rooms during and after the meetup, and onboarding and offboarding will not be part of the recording. Also, you can partake via chat messages or watch the recording after the meeting.
What remains the same:
- Exciting topics of science and philosophy.
- Presentation/script will available before each meetup.
- Available in book format.
- Lots of room for QA: we’ll progress at your speed.
- Coffee Breaks.
- Connecting with like-minded people.
- Present your own topic.
- Meetup every other week.
You can support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/philosophyforheroes?fan_landing=true
Get a preliminary copy of the book: https://leanpub.com/doesyourbrainneedyou (90% done)