addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The East Bay Ruby Meetup Group Message Board › Mobile services start-up MyDigital Life, Inc. (MDL) looking for SW Engineers

Mobile services start-up MyDigital Life, Inc. (MDL) looking for SW Engineers

A former member
Post #: 3
Hi Everyone,

My name is Joseph Kim, a new member to this Meetup, and I just wanted to reach out to the other members here to see if you or others you may know would be interested in working for a new mobile services start-up called MyDigitalLife, Inc. It's a start-up that my firm called NetService Ventures started has incubated and we're currently looking for Software Engineers with Web 2.0 or Mobile development expertise.

If you would like to know more information please read on or you could always try to find me to discuss further at the next meetup as well.

JOB DESCRIPTIONS:
==============

MyDigitalLife Inc. ("MDL") is an exciting new startup seeking: 1. Industry experts with proven expertise developing highly compelling and scalable Web 2.0 websites; and 2. Mobile application developers. The firm is located in Palo Alto, CA near Page Mill Road and El Camino Real.

The firm is developing consumer oriented, next generation mobile and web-facing services. We are working in partnership with one of the world's largest and well-known telecommunications companies and are in the very early stages of development (currently only 2 full-time employees).

We are specifically looking for someone with the following qualifications:

Web Front-end Software Engineer:
================================
- Demonstrated experience developing compelling web-based user experiences for consumers such as photo or music sharing, blogging, and/or social networks
- Expertise with HTML and CSS
- In-depth knowledge of AJAX and other front-end technologies
- Strong Perl and/or Ruby skills preferred
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and/or J2EE experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Masters degree preferred

Mobile Devices Software Engineer:
=================================
- A proven track record for successful product deployments
- J2ME, Symbian, and/or BREW development experience
- 5+ years experience developing embedded and/or mobile applications
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Masters degree preferred

Salary is highly competitive but will be negotiable and dependent on experience and equity participation. Please contact Joseph Kim at NetService Ventures for more information regarding the position.

Joseph Kim
E-mail: jkim @ nsv.com
Telephone: 650-234-9656