The East Bay Ruby Meetup Group Message Board › Lead Ruby on Rails Engineer sought at BillFloat, thriving micro-credit start
|A former member||
Why work with and agency? Talk to an insider, I can give you deep level insight into our dev culture.
BillFloat is the first micro-credit solution to offer consumers ‘more time to pay’ over 3,000 recurring bills including utility, cable and satellite, wireless, auto lease, phone, housing, and insurance payments.
Consumers use BillFloat to avoid late fees, overdraft charges, service termination, and high cost payday loans. Billers accelerate their cash flow through BillFloat’s easy to implement and secure system. The service will be available on billers’ websites, and through financial services partners including pre-paid and debit card issuers, payroll services and walk-in payment centers, in addition to BillFloat’s site, billfloat.com.
BillFloat is an early stage company backed by First Round Capital, PayPal, and Venrock.
BillFloat is a small passionate team working in an agile environment. We believe in short iteration cycles and leverage automated testing. Our engineering leadership came from Cake Financial and has tons of experience in consumer financial services. We're driven to create the best possible product and want people working with us who like to work hard and are top-notch engineers.
* Thrive in an independent dynamic start-up environment.
* Are the first person people think about when they want to start a new product.
* Can dig into a problem and solve it
* Experience building consumer sites with Rails, connected and informed about the Rails community.
* Exposure to NoSQL options like Mongo, CouchDB, etc.
* BS/MS in Computer Science.
* Extra points for financial services, pub/sub architectures, and web services
Positions are full time and located in our downtown San Francisco offices.
Please! Principals only. If you are a recruiter do not contact us about this position.