The Texas Electronic Privacy Coalition (http://txepc.org/) has fought to protect Texans' digital privacy since 2013. Last session they successfully lobbied to protect emails with a search warrant (http://gritsforbreakfast.blogspot.com/2013/05/texas-house-votes-to-require-warrants.html). Now they're back for more.
This session, TxEPC is lobbying to protect your sensitive GPS and cell phone location data under a warrant too. Come learn about StingRays, tower dumps, Texas politics, and how you can get involved on this important issue.
• Kathy Mitchell — Consumers Union (http://consumersunion.org/about/)
• Scott Henson — Grits for Breakfast (http://gritsforbreakfast.blogspot.com/)
• Matthew Simpson — ACLU of Texas (http://www.aclutx.org/)
• Gregory Foster — EFF-Austin (http://www.effaustin.org)
• Cell Tracking (https://www.eff.org/issues/cell-tracking) — Electronic Frontier Foundation
• It's not just the NSA: local police collect masses of data about us too (http://txepc.org/its-not-just-the-nsa-local-police-collect-masses-of-data-about-us-too/) — TxEPC.org
• APD: Can We Please Buy Some Top-Secret "StingRays"? (http://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2014-10-17/apd-can-we-please-buy-some-top-secret-stingrays/) — Austin Chronicle
Parking validation is available for the Omni garage. Details: