|Sent on:||Monday, July 1, 2013 1:46 PM|
I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
IT WebMaker train the trainer July 6th
Free 1 day course
This one day course is for anyone new to IT and Digital
making or for people who want to develop their skills.
The important thing to note about IT is, it is never as hard as you think, IT is based entirely on logic, creativity and amenable procedural processes, for instance making a cup of tea, we each have our own way of making tea.
It is not a case that you cannot do IT, but rather people imagine it to be too complex and out of their reach however the industry “Secret” we want to share with you is that IT is all about “Making and Crafting” first, through using simple easy but ever more involved processes that allow you to find your own voice in this media from blogging to coding.
This course will cover all aspects of “Making” as a tool to engage with digital making, including preparing your own content so that it is usable, hackable, re-iterable and sharable with any audience based on “their” interest as the first point of engagement.
• To demystify CS(Computer science) and coding.
• To enable participants to develop a system that works for them in their setting, on how to use digital media to engage people in digital making as a first step.
• To enable participants to plan and structure an effective digital maker event.
• To enable participants to know how to establish credibility and relate to their audience despite not being an IT person.
• To enable participants to feel confident in handling and dealing with questions you feel you cannot yet answer including a “Jargon” buster.
• Practice sessions to play test and put into practice what you have learnt at the Kent international Scouts Jamboree part of the EPIK Kent festival of code week August 2nd - 11th.
Duration: 1 day Date: July 6th 2013 Cost: £free
Training location Hersden Canterbury